COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I fear for the workers on the front line. I have many friends that are doctors/nurses/physios/police and it's frightening. Today it was announced 51 doctors/nurses have died in Italy. Over 4000 doctors/nurses have contracted it Spain.

We spoke to our friend in Lytham tonight who is a respiratory physio at the Vic in Blackpool and she said weirdly A+E there has been strangely quiet because there aren't that many cases in that area yet and the general public are doing everything they can to avoid the hospitals during this time. Let's hope those low numbers continue.

Just spoke to my mate, who's wife works in hospital as a nurse in london, the stories she has told are horrific. Staff are leaving ICU with shell shock. Apparently people displaying the worse of the symptoms have a grey pallor, red blood shot eyes and constantly struggling to breathe. Staff don't even need to wait for a coronavirus test it's so obvious.

On a day to day you just get on with it and not worry too much, but stories like that are a shock to the system.

Last edited:
If that’s what’s needed then so be it, but it’s a tough ask. They’ve been observing the lockdown really well in Italy by all accounts but it seems some are getting restless and that’s less than 3 weeks since they went into lockdown.
It is a difficult balance,it is interesting boris feels the need to write to us and say this is going to get worse before it gets better,was that always the plan or does he know something we don't,italy are getting restless over food,we are different in that we half half a million volunteers to keep food deliveries going,one guy in italty was pleading with police that he has no money,i think the key is to keep both of those flowing here

Any one else in the same predicament?
My Mrs who works at the hospital is due to start helping out on the coronavirus wards from Tuesday
I'm kicking off like fuck saying fuck it off it ain't worth it for 17k a year live off my wage for 3 months
She won't have it tho wants to go and do her best and help out
People like her epitome what the nhs is about
I'm gutted and worried but so proud of her at the same time
Stay safe every one x

My friend is an ICU nurse who left the job last year suffering from burnout. She's still not in great shape mentally but has gone back to work to help out in all of this. It's extra hard because her elderly father was left incapacitated by a stroke last year her mum is his primary carer. She's terrified that if her mum is struck down by this she won't be able to go and care for her dad given she's at risk of already being infected herself.

I really hope the sacrifice people like her and your wife make after all of this is genuinely recognised.

It's so heartening when we hear how many ex NHS workers have stepped in to help out but I don't think people realise that a lot of those workers left the profession because it was so mentally draining. The situation they're throwing themselves into and the decisions they'll have to make will be unprecedented for many of them and I just hope they get the support they need.

It is a difficult balance,it is interesting boris feels the need to write to us and say this is going to get worse before it gets better,was that always the plan or does he know something we don't,italy are getting restless over food,we are different in that we half half a million volunteers to keep food deliveries going,one guy in italty was pleading with police that he has no money,i think the key is to keep both of those flowing here
Christ give it a rest and stop trying to scare everyone please

My friend is an ICU nurse who left the job last year suffering from burnout. She's still not in great shape mentally but has gone back to work to help out in all of this. It's extra hard because her elderly father was left incapacitated by a stroke last year her mum is his primary carer. She's terrified that if her mum is struck down by this she won't be able to go and care for her dad given she's at risk of already being infected herself.

I really hope the sacrifice people like her and your wife make after all of this is genuinely recognised.

It's so heartening when we hear how many ex NHS workers have stepped in to help out but I don't think people realise that a lot of those workers left the profession because it was so mentally draining. The situation they're throwing themselves into and the decisions they'll have to make will be unprecedented for many of them and I just hope they get the support they need.
I Hope we all come out of this in one piece bud. Kudos to your friend the people save the people I'm from a selfish point of view just worried sick not just if my mrs gets the virus but mentally from the shite she's gonna have to witness which is why I'm kicking off like fuck at her. Hope she listens

Prime Minister Boris Johnson has written to 30 million households to update people on the government's plans to contain the coronavirus in the UK:

I am writing to you to update you on the steps we are taking to combat coronavirus.

In just a few short weeks, everyday life in this country has changed dramatically. We all feel the profound impact of coronavirus not just on ourselves, but on our loved ones and our communities

I understand completely the difficulties this disruption has caused to your lives, businesses and jobs. But the action we have taken is absolutely necessary, for one very simple reason.

If too many people become seriously unwell at one time, the NHS will be unable to cope. This will cost lives. We must slow the spread of the disease, and reduce the number of people needing hospital treatment in order to save as many lives as possible

That is why we are giving one simple instruction - you must stay at home

I know many of you will be deeply worried about the financial impact on you and your family. The government will do whatever it takes to help you make ends meet and put food on the table

From the start, we have sought to put in the right measures at the right time. We will not hesitate to go further if that is what the scientific and medical advice tells us we must do.

It's important for me to level with you - we know things will get worse before they get better. But we are making the right preparations, and the more we all follow the rules, the fewer lives will be lost and the sooner life can return to normal

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-boris-johnsons-letter-to-the-nation-in-full-11965165

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.