COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
These numbers out of Italy are strange, good news on the lower deaths but spike on new cases during the toughest lockdown - week 4 I think it is?

ROME (Reuters) - Deaths from the COVID-19 epidemic in Italy rose by 542 on Wednesday, a lower tally than the 604 the day before, but the number of new cases pushed higher to 3,836 compared with a previous 3,039.

The total death toll since the outbreak came to light on Feb. 21 rose to 17,669, the Civil Protection Agency said, the highest in the world.

Is that any different to last weekend though, and in general that didn’t go too badly. Being a bank holiday isn’t going to make much difference to most of us. Weather not looking as good as last weekend here either.

I think there's a growing frustration though. Bank holiday makes a slight difference, I'm in work at the moment and there's people there not taking it seriously there and they're off this weekend so thats added traffic. Looks decent enough for the idiots to pack the parks.

I know it won't be awful but it might be bad enough that it doesn't drop as fast as we want it to.

Last edited:
These numbers out of Italy are strange, good news on the lower deaths but spike on new cases during the toughest lockdown - week 4 I think it is?

ROME (Reuters) - Deaths from the COVID-19 epidemic in Italy rose by 542 on Wednesday, a lower tally than the 604 the day before, but the number of new cases pushed higher to 3,836 compared with a previous 3,039.

The total death toll since the outbreak came to light on Feb. 21 rose to 17,669, the Civil Protection Agency said, the highest in the world.

Perhaps they’re doing more tests. That’s the thing I don’t get: at the 5pm press conference they said the amount of people infected is slowing down but then at the same time acknowledging not enough test are taking place... how do they measure the infection rate if the are not doing enough tests...Not sure the data can be trusted.

Been working since Boris announced the "lockdown"....if it is a lockdown,I'm not sure to be honest.
Way more traffic on the roads this week....WAY MORE.

Definitely busier out there this week . I go out twice a day to open and close my school and loads of people about and much more traffic than last week . seen a few groups of lads over the last couple of days late teens early twenties on bikes no distancing treating it like a jolly.

BBC saying today that the hospital they built in Ivory Coast was trashed by locals as they didn’t want outsiders bringing the virus to their neighbourhood. Crazy.

I was traveling around in Swaziland in the late 90s in Mbabane speaking to an NGO medical officer as they were there trying to help suppress the HIV epidemic. They were trying to use broomsticks as illustrations of how to put on a condom safely. He said many of them actually continued to have sex but put a condom on top of their broom stick in the same room thinking that’s what he meant (they are very superstitious and got the wrong end of the tutorial). Remember him saying that they were treated with great suspicion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.