COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I assume the science says we're hitting the peak.

Just been in with our management about running full rail service In 3 weeks time. They were told no problem as long as staff are afforded all the protections of working with the public. We were offered sanitiser and blue bog roll.

It was on the Mail online. It is interesting that I haven't seen reports of retail workers being badly hit by the virus and they are in constant contact with others. Similarly I have lots of friends still working on the ships in Dover. They are only carrying freight but that is up to 150 freight drivers per trip, so far they have been okay.
That’s interesting because Brittany ferries are not carrying lorry drivers.
It’s containers loaded on at one port and taken off at another.

Medical officer

Movement of people,remaining pretty stable,car use up a bit

New cases, in and out of hosp,broadly flat and slight down but not enough

People in hosp,london continues down,pretty stable else where

Deaths in hospital,gone up a bit last couple of days,but flattened off in last couple of weeks

Global death rates,hosp data,still bang on italy line

7 day rolling average v all countries,similar to italy,going down slowly,will not be a sudden drop

Hmmmmm.....

Twitter is toxic and the left and right will both have hundreds doing shit like this. I've seen duplicate posts like this trying to make the government look bad, but I've also seen a lot of fake posts from the right saying stuff like 'I'm a nurse and we have more than enough ppe, it's all fake news'. Twats the lot of them.

Imagine living with Peston... “a a a a a errr e e e a a a eee WHAAaaaAAAT a a a are errr we goingtohaveforforteatonight?”

I wish some research would be done in who is catching the virus currently. Is it those on public transport, is it supermarket workers, builders etc or is it people who are acting like twats and gathering in large numbers. Majority of people are being relatively sensible, is it those people who catching it? After nearly 5 weeks you would have hoped that the rate of infection would be reducing quicker than it is but even in countries with far stricter lockdowns this doesn't seem to be the case which is quite worrying.

I've been mythed for some time how countries such as Spain and Italy are still getting quite a lot of positive test numbers having been under such comparative drachonian lockdowns for much longer than everyone else. Italy's today is an additional 3,370 - surely these aren't all frontline and care home workers?

I understand the trajectory is down which is more important but still...

I may have missed something on the longevity of the virus for it to still to be picked up at this stage on the PCR tests for the antigen? I know people are saying there is more testing going on but people must surely still be getting infected outside frontline roles in the last 2/3 weeks?

16:10 GMT - Italy's coronavirus death toll climbs by 437 to 25,085
The death toll from the coronavirus in Italy climbed by 437 to 25,085, against 534 the previous day, according to the Civil Protection Agency.

Meanwhile infections increased by 3,370 to 187,327, the third highest global tally behind the US and Spain.

Twitter is toxic and the left and right will both have hundreds doing shit like this. I've seen duplicate posts like this trying to make the government look bad, but I've also seen a lot of fake posts from the right saying stuff like 'I'm a nurse and we have more than enough ppe, it's all fake news'. Twats the lot of them.

Post fake sh*t and get fined I say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.