COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing is worryingly evident in all of this... People become compliant with government when placed in a state of fear and paranoia.

That’s interesting because Brittany ferries are not carrying lorry drivers.
It’s containers loaded on at one port and taken off at another.

Interesting, they are known as drops. I must double check but I am convinced they are taking drivers too. One a large ship there is plenty of room to social distance though.

One thing is worryingly evident in all of this... People become compliant with government when placed in a state of fear and paranoia.

Really good point.

No one has been more compliant than me (maybe Karen!), as I haven't seen a soul since early March, when my Mrs went abroad to care for her 82 year-old mum. So I'm going along with all the measures 100%.

However, it is interesting to look at contrarians like Peter Hitchens. Whatever you think of him, he is brave for piping up with his opposition. Most of the media have been shocking throughout this time - and well before. They went from 'Don't worry, it's only like the flu' to 'Why on earth didn't the government order 500 tons of kit months ago' in the space of about a week.

I also saw an interview with a very high up Swedish immunologist (right word?), who says lockdowns are the wrong way to go.

I'm not knocking any government for any steps taken. I honestly believe they're all doing what they think is for the best.

Stay well, all.

Last edited:
I'm wondering about football restarting.
If a reliable test and an effective vaccine are miraculously discovered before the end of June , why should professional footballers jump to the head of the queue ?
Surely NHS staff will receive these treatments first.
Surely essential workers would be near the front.
I'm sure that most of the country will receive these treatments before professional sports people.
The priority will be to get the economy back on track.
The uproar would be massive if they got first dibs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.