COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand. I wasn't suggesting that NZ was going to have 2000 dead or whatever figure you think would be comparable, but 21 suggests they saw the problem and reacted.
They did.
I'm just thinking about my granddaughter's plans for this crisis. Unicorns, dancing and Frozen videos all round

30,000 out of a population of 66.65 is 0.045%.
Fuck all in the great scheme of things but any death is a lot for their friends and family to take.
Why is anyone bothered when we take part in wars then or when planes crash? Why bother with road safety when just 1500 get killed on the roads each year. Is all that just fuck all in the scheme of things?

Perhaps I phrased my uncertainty incorrectly.
Some people are carriers of the virus without showing symptoms. Others have had the virus but recovered.
Are both these group examples infection sources to all they contact?
Yes, if they have picked up the virus by contact.

What?? So testing is down but new cases are up? Fuck me
Maybe not, when we had 120,000 test it included the 40,000 posted out if those are being returned it may be results from them and many more than todays 69,000 tests. Best not to make too much of them numbers, impossible to tell really from raw figures.

This gets tricky now,the ones who have had it,like me,are assumed to have some immunity but that is not confirmed and there is no test in the world in use specific enough that a Dr can say to a patient that you won't get it again,if we can get again then we can pass it into someone else again
Those without symptoms are passing it on yes
Thanks Karen because as time goes on and more people are infected but recover or become carriers the risk to the vulnerable increases at the very time any lockdown measures are being eased.
Many elderly have already died so I can only see worse figures involving the vulnerable. If they cannot be protected now what chance do they have for the pre vaccine time?

Fuck all in the great scheme of things???.

30 fucking thousand people ....

If that's fuck all I like to know what you consider a lot.
Or a significant ammount
0.25% of the population or about 166,000 is a lot.
What has been expected as a minimum in a major pandemic.
Thank goodness Covid-19 hasn't been as bad as it could be, as we'd be in a right state.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.