COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've studied it enough in my time. If anything they should be the best behaved and be most understanding because they've lived it before. Their relatives gave their lives to save theirs so they could live and prosper, not wilfully give it away for a picnic.

Hitler would have had a field day if we'd all sat out having a picnic during the bombing. The bombs are dropping all day the closer people get together. Today is VE day, two weeks time will end up ventilator day and it's so unnecessary and needless and not worth it in any sane person's mind, especially when you owe your life to the sacrifice of others who gave theirs to save yours. It's just ungrateful in my view, but we know we don't agree.

Wow that's a new one comparing some oldies sat outside their home having a cup of tea to getting bombed by the Germans. To even suggest that this virus is anything like the 2nd world war is totally disrespectful to anyone that died or served in it.

Pretty much the entire contents of the old peoples home across the road from me are having a nice sit down and chat outside today for VE day, about 20 of them. Clearly they have "attempted" social distancing by putting the chairs apart from each other, but they are realistically about 2 feet from each other and all leaning in to hear what the person next to them is saying. Luckily there hasn't been any news of care homes being an issue in this pandemic so it should all be fine...

social Gatherings are banned, unless it’s in a care home common room.

I am of the same mind, but am forced to read rather than post these days — it took me an hour to voice dictate and then edit that post, so I now have to really consider when posting is worth the time and effort. I was quite prolific from the beginning of the thread (as were you), doing my best to steer the conversation toward evidence-based discussion, empathy, and earnest humour. I also introduced the likely substantial economic impact back in late January / early February — there were a few media outlets writing about it even then, but nowhere near the intense scrutiny now. However, that time for my participation has all but passed, as has the baton. It is encouraging to see you and others continue to guide the thread toward productive, open-minded, compassionate, holistic discussion and I do certainly hope that we (including our leaders) can look back at this period of our history knowing most helped each other toward an optimal, mutually beneficial outcome. I can’t say my hope extends to belief, though. As you said, we have all learned quite a lot about human behaviour over the last few months if we have been paying attention, especially as it relates to those in positions of power and influence.

Still, Bluemoon generally remains a bastion of support and solidarity, even despite occasional squabbles and handbags, which has become all the more important given what has already occurred and what is to come. I look forward to the continued discussion on here, even if my engagement will mostly be via liking posts.

Stay safe and pass to Silva.

You are breaking my heart seb,please stay in touch xxxxxxxx

Same here but without the heart and kisses bit....

Chin up! the centre view has always been spit roasted by the left and right... See, now you're going to be dragged back in trying to work out if you have to move this post to the political thread ;-)

I've studied it enough in my time. If anything they should be the best behaved and be most understanding because they've lived it before. Their relatives gave their lives to save theirs so they could live and prosper, not wilfully give it away for a picnic.

Hitler would have had a field day if we'd all sat out having a picnic during the bombing. The bombs are dropping all day the closer people get together. Today is VE day, two weeks time will end up ventilator day and it's so unnecessary and needless and not worth it in any sane person's mind, especially when you owe your life to the sacrifice of others who gave theirs to save yours. It's just ungrateful in my view, but we know we don't agree.
Sorry but you just don't understand what a world war was all about,millions died,families torn apart,kids away from their families for years,to them this is probably fuck all,after a war most things are

Sorry missed the start of the briefing

No dramatic overnight changes in lockdown

Stick to the rules over the weekend

Powis: 4.649 new cases over last day - but says spread of virus decreasing in the community.

People in UK hospitals with the virus down from 14,346 to 11,788 in last week

Eustice: 31,241 total deaths in all settings - up 626 from yesterday.

Testing still below daily 100,000 target, at 97,029

Eustice: Says day-to-day fluctuations in testing numbers is normal, but important to have "ambitious" targets.

The government has failed to hit its 100k target for several days in a row and plans to up that goal to 200,000.

Powis: 'R number' will vary from place to place and at different times, but vital to keep it below 1 to avoid exponential growth of virus

Eustice: McDonald's drive-ins "made for" social distancing, expects more such fast food businesses to reopen outlets in coming weeks

Powis: Health authorities will start to publish data on people with autism and mental health problems who've died with the virus.

Why are we still sending positive patients into care homes ? We are testing them before they go into care homes,outbreaks from discharges not showing up in data,lots of support for carers on infection control

Public must be 'realistic' over loosening of lockdown

More than a million food parcels delivered

626 is still a huge number,please stick to the rules people

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.