COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anecdotal reports from doctors that a second wave is inbound and admissions are creeping up.

Personally not surprised, everywhere I look people have just started to completely ignore the rules, particularly on social distancing.

Couple this with the fact that many are off work and it only takes another good week of weather and I think total lockdown will become necessary again.
Which region? Supposedly the stats, if you believe them, show the opposite. Of course when you have mass demonstrations, packed beaches, huge VE day celebrations is it any wonder? You can't blame the government for people acting like total cock wombles and potentially increasing the number of infections across the country and ultimately deaths.

Anecdotal reports from doctors that a second wave is inbound and admissions are creeping up.

Personally not surprised, everywhere I look people have just started to completely ignore the rules, particularly on social distancing.

Couple this with the fact that many are off work and it only takes another good week of weather and I think total lockdown will become necessary again.

Not doubting your information mate, but just questioning if this could simply be put down to the much higher testing rate now and getting people admitted that bit earlier, as is the case in Germany? Could be precautionary admissions rather than a whole second wave kicking off perhaps?

EZ_fpDJWkAAZfCg

The number of hospital deaths of with Covid-19 hospital deaths be country / region are 62 as follows:
  • Scotland - 0 **
  • Northern Ireland - 0
  • Wales - 3
  • England - 59
    • East of England - 9
    • London - 0
    • Midlands - 16
    • North East & Yorkshire - 11
    • North West - 14
    • South East - 7
    • South West - 2
** = Also includes deaths in care home & other settings.

Deaths in other sertings in NI, Wales and England to follow.

The epidemic down south looks well on the wane. It did move north of course. So that is no surprise that there is a disparity. But the thing to note is yesterday we had 1300 or so positive cases from half the number of tests where we got 1500 or so the previous day. So watching those figures today will be important.

New case numbers from Scotland and Wales are still low (both sub 50) so that is a good pointer.

Infection numbers rising via positive tests going up will be the first clue to any reversal. The deaths sadly would then follow by the end of the month.

BBC just said UK death all settings total today 55. That is 7 LESS than the hospital only total after yesterday being identical. Wonder what has changed in the recording method?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.