COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
its not people wanting to see a spike, its people expecting to see a spike and if there was one it's a good guage for length of time between an event and visual evidence in the stats.

Looking at the NHS england data ( including the 5 days of "subject to change" so ignore the drop at the end ) we see an increase in deaths at the end of May / start of June, Id say thats the "spike" for VE day, just over 3 weeks post event. but also worth noting, that is also the weekend the gov started to losen lockdown. so is it VE day or Lockdown losening?

nhs-England.png

OK Grunge, I’ve made a mistake and accept the people referring to a VE Day spike were well intentioned.

Like you say a think there have been a few factors involved at different times when compliance has wavered or the lockdown has been loosened. This might include Cummings, VE Day, possibly Eid etc.

I am hoping that today’s figures show an improvement on yesterday (eg cases to testing) and a downward trend on Wednesdays.

We're starting to get similar numbers to those in April. Expected, I was writing earlier that I'm shocked it's not going up as nobody gives a shit about social distancing anymore and we had thousands of diaspora coming from Europe to spend Eid holidays at home.

Middle East is surging again too. 3700 new cases in Saudi Arabia, that's more than they were getting in March/April. Iran is coming closer to 100 deaths per day again. Even small countries like UAE, Qatar and Bahrain in upper hundreds of new daily cases.

Russia with first day of 200+ deaths.

This shit is not going away any time soon.

We're starting to get similar numbers to those in April. Expected, I was writing earlier that I'm shocked it's not going up as nobody gives a shit about social distancing anymore and we had thousands of diaspora coming from Europe to spend Eid holidays at home.

Middle East is surging again too. 3700 new cases in Saudi Arabia, that's more than they were getting in March/April. Iran is coming closer to 100 deaths per day again. Even small countries like UAE, Qatar and Bahrain in upper hundreds of new daily cases.

Russia with first day of 200+ deaths.

This shit is not going away any time soon.

I have relatives in Dubai they locked down early and you couldn’t even leave the house unless it was to see a doctor or to buy food. There is the theory on the timing of locking down you do it early and everyone is primed for it to burn through within a population once they reemerge. The Uk left idiots to wander around doing what they like, herd immunity gets achieved quietly this way which I believe was our governments aim all along.

I have relatives in Dubai they locked down early and you couldn’t even leave the house unless it was to see a doctor or to buy food. There is the theory on the timing of locking down you do it early and everyone is primed for it to burn through within a population once they reemerge. The Uk left idiots to wander around doing what they like, herd immunity gets achieved quietly this way which I believe was our governments aim all along.

I guess Middle East is mostly due to Ramadan and Eid gatherings. Despite heavy lockdowns they had, I doubt people over there were too disciplined to not gather on Ramadan iftars and Eid family visits.

I guess Middle East is mostly due to Ramadan and Eid gatherings. Despite heavy lockdowns they had, I doubt people over there were too disciplined to not gather on Ramadan iftars and Eid family visits.

The other thing to consider is the construction workers, they are packed together in their accommodation. If you are sleeping in bunk beds etc with lots of people in a dormitory there is plenty of opportunity for it to transmit to other people.

The other thing to consider is the construction workers, they are packed together in their accommodation. If you are sleeping in bunk beds etc with lots of people in a dormitory there is plenty of opportunity for it to transmit to other people.

yeah, that happened in singapore too

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-52993734

Coronavirus was brought into the UK on at least 1,300 separate occasions, a major analysis of the genetics of the virus shows.

The study, by the Covid-19 Genomics UK consortium (Cog-UK), completely quashes the idea that a single "patient zero" started the whole UK outbreak.

The analysis also finds China, where the pandemic started, had a negligible impact on cases in the UK.

Instead those initial cases came mostly from European countries.

88 deaths in England hospitals. 11 yesterday. Though 25 of them were from the North West. Easily the most.

I think there is a lot less wearing of PPE in parts of the North West (compared with across the Pennines) from what I’ve read on this thread. Plenty of people are wearing gloves and face masks in my local supermarkets in Leeds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.