COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was no reason we couldn’t have increased capacity far quicker than we did. Every other country managed to.

we were not even using NHS labs for testing so there was a ton of capacity there.
There was a huge shortage of reagents at the time.
But yes PHE has a lot - and I mean A LOT to answer for and not just with testing. They refused to use university lab capacity - like it's Portuguese equivalent did (very successfully).
I can understand a Labour government wanting to keep everything in-house, but a Tory one? Frankly it beggars belief.

Last edited:
There was a huge shortage of reagents at the time.
But yes PHE has a lot - and I mean A LOT to answer for and not just with testing. They refused to use university lab capacity - like it's Portuguese equivalent did (very successfully).
I can understand a Labour government wanting to keep everything in-house, but a Tory one? Frankly it beggars belief.

there were claims of shortages of reagents but from what I read loads of chemical companies came out at the time saying they had loads available.

there were claims of shortages of reagents but from what I read loads of chemical companies came out at the time saying they had loads available.
There weren't. Peston also stated this at the time and got hammered in the scientific community. There were also swabs and numerous other things that everybody wanted but couldn't get. Whatever there was a shortage off limited production.

Scottish figures just reported.

17 new cases, 5 deaths. 909 in hospital (a drop of 78). And 21 in ICU though the 3 added ones are all suspected not confirmed.

Also revealed new study on infection levels up to last Friday.

Found R number is Scotland has fallen from 0.7 - 0.9 past week to 0.6 - 0.8

And estimated cases in Scotland is 4500 daily (recall they have found in testing less than 50 every day for a few days now). Suggesting only about 1% are ill enough to seek a test. Or the 4500 is too high. It had fallen from 11,000 the week before in that study.

Last edited:
I heard something was going on in Tuzla, whats all that about?

kindergarten. few kids and teacher (or whatever the word it is). got it.

Countrywide, last few days we're getting similar numbers as in March or April. Expected. Eid, then thousands on some protest in Sarajevo + nobody gives a shit about social distancing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.