COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
But he regretted it in retrospect.
We didn't have the testing capability once the number of new cases got too large - but you can track, trace and isolate without testing. Taiwan did that.
Big mistake not to continue doing that ourselves even after lockdown. Indeed ramping up the numbers of trackers would really have delivered.
Using mobile phone geopositioning data you could identify every one who came within 2.5 meters of an individual in a City and 5-10m out in the sticks
Plenty of labs came forward to say they would do it and the gov declined,it was a policy decision by the gov,whitty has said a few times at the select committee it was a mistake and he has always seem irked by it

Plenty of labs came forward to say they would do it and the gov declined,it was a policy decision by the gov,whitty has said a few times at the select committee it was a mistake and he has always seem irked by it
As I said, very, very strange for a Tory government.

There weren't. Peston also stated this at the time and got hammered in the scientific community. There were also swabs and numerous other things that everybody wanted but couldn't get. Whatever there was a shortage off limited production.
It was because we didn't use our time advantage to buy the test components in,remember we went a different way to everyone else,the WHO were screaming test test test at us,we thought we knew better and by the time we realized we had to test then everyone else had bought up the tests,it was a fuck up,hindsight is not needed,there were plenty of us questioning the course we took

Get this for the c*ntish comment of the year award. Other half has just got in from walking our pet springer round Debdale Park and she bumped into some lunatic who has 3 Japanese Akitas. I had the misfortune of listening to her bullshit conspiracy theories about it all being bollocks the other week but she went up about another 10 levels this morning when telling the other half that anyone who has had Covid-19 deserves to die from it. Now the OH isn’t a shrinking violet but I think even she was momentarily taken aback by this comment, before telling her that she has friends who have lost relatives from it. All lunatic woman could respond with was that she doesn’t know anyone who has had it. I’m surprised the OH didn’t knock her clean out to be honest. I wouldn’t mind but the thick c*nt is in her 60’s, obese, and has underlying health conditions so if she got it herself it could end up hitting her hard.

Any pics?

Of either will do.

That's not a large week on week drop in all settings deaths. Last Thursday the figure was 176.

Cases back up too.

If new cases in Scotland are falling as they are but in Wales and England are presumably rising - or not falling as fast - in past few days then some astute journalist should be asking why at the briefing.

Not expecting that to happen.

There were nearly 30,000 more tests in today's figure than yesterdays*. 'Only' a couple of hundred more positive cases though. They'll go up and down but so longs the main average trend is downwards I wouldn't look too much into things right at this stage.

*I don't know how many extra people these testing numbers equate to, because the UK government have been unable to tell me for a solid 3 weeks now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.