COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bojo taking a massive gamble (again) but he's got nothing to lose. If he doesn't open up, he's already got a huge excess death rate on his hands and a fucked economy, by opening up and everything going Pete Tong he's got little to lose at this stage. Playing politics with the health of you and me though, can't say this will end well.

To be fair though, he doesn't have the economy to think about.
I'm a lefty, always have been, union activist and such like for 40 years. But the point is it's now a balancing act and having seen some of those that have had to rely on the welfare system for the first time ever I can understand a different perspective.

the shielding was where I drew the line. Can't stomach that decision.

I'm a lefty, always have been, union activist and such like for 40 years. But the point is it's now a balancing act and having seen some of those that have had to rely on the welfare system for the first time ever I can understand a different perspective.
Yeah, don’t get me wrong. I appreciate that it’s an incredibly difficult balancing act between public health and the economy. Don’t envy those having to make that call. Just thought Whitty’s demeanour today was telling.

Agree it’s a balancing act but I would be happier if prior to opening up we had testing, track and trace and widespread mask wearing in place. At the moment we have one out of three so not confident this will end well and nor it seems are the scientists.

No, but people I care deeply about are and their lives are more important to me than the economy.
But it’s a balancing act as people say, I’ve seen a handful of people on my newsfeed today criticise the government for not opening enough and not opening fast enough. Stating they’ve depleted all of their savings, that they’re out of a job (or can’t yet work in their self employed roles), talking about losing their houses and struggling to pay rent or feed themselves and their kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.