COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Off to pick up my covid-19 face mask wearing exemption cert from the doctors tomorrow, btw the second wave imo will come around October when people naturally die of respiratory disease any way. Imagine that when the ferlough scheme stops for everyone.

Speaking of masks they're steadily coming down in price and availability is good. The KN95 are built in China but very similar to the N95 and easy to source. Anyway you can now buy a pack of ten for only £29.99 from reputable suppliers with next day delivery. The main difference for us is that you can talk better when wearing them. We only mask up when entering premises and when we are street walking we observe sensible distancing. I forgot to say the N95's are the American ones.

https://lloydspharmacy.com/collecti...tive-face-masks-5-pack?variant=32601286672447

If the bars can’t do it properly, they should have their licence revoked. Manchester City Centre seemed to handle it very well. Tables down narrow streets, and good social distancing. Not like this

skynews-soho-pub-london_5030654.jpg

That looks pretty bad to be fair. No worse than all the recent protests though which didn't lead to any noticeable spike. We will see what happens I guess but the amount of people with the virus is so low now I am fairly optimistic nothing will happen.

Sad to see so many folk rely on the pub for a decent night's entertainment, and that they couldn't be sensible and gradually return, leading to the rush we saw yesterday.

That looks pretty bad to be fair. No worse than all the recent protests though which didn't lead to any noticeable spike. We will see what happens I guess but the amount of people with the virus is so low now I am fairly optimistic nothing will happen.

There has been no spike apparently from the protests it said on talk radio other day

I think we can safely say that many people totally ignored social distancing last night and simply went out out on the lash.
But they appear incapable of going back to work and / or sending their kind do to school as it’s too dangerous. Strange world we live in.

Speaking of masks they're steadily coming down in price and availability is good. The KN95 are built in China but very similar to the N95 and easy to source. Anyway you can now buy a pack of ten for only £29.99 from reputable suppliers with next day delivery. The main difference for us is that you can talk better when wearing them. We only mask up when entering premises and when we are street walking we observe sensible distancing. I forgot to say the N95's are the American ones.

https://lloydspharmacy.com/collecti...tive-face-masks-5-pack?variant=32601286672447

An N-95 mask filters out particulate matter larger than .3 microns. So the question then is how big is a COVID particle?

A COVID particle is about .1 micron....this idea of people doing anything particularly useful with a mask is bizarre to me anyway.

But they appear incapable of going back to work and / or sending their kind do to school as it’s too dangerous. Strange world we live in.
My neighbour not sending his child back till the virus goes away completely but went to the coast yesterday and has his mum and dad around looking after the child in a afternoon

I think we can safely say that many people totally ignored social distancing last night and simply went out out on the lash.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-53296689?SThisFB

Ignore the headline but it doesn't seem like it was the disaster some were predicting, the vast majority very well behaved.

There has been no spike apparently from the protests it said on talk radio other day

Which is why I don't think people drinking outside pubs will lead to one. Our later and not as strict lockdown might turn out to be a masterstroke as we can only presume more have had it than we thought, which is why people aren't catching it at mass gatherings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.