COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
No one is thinking about what staying in and not living our lives is doing to our immune systems. I read somewhere that one of the reasons some people don't seem to get ill may because they have antibodies for the coronavirus already from the common cold. Also some people getting positive covid tests may not have been covid but the common cold as the antibodies are similar and hard to differentiate.
Sigh

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-53296689?SThisFB

Ignore the headline but it doesn't seem like it was the disaster some were predicting, the vast majority very well behaved.

Which is why I don't think people drinking outside pubs will lead to one. Our later and not as strict lockdown might turn out to be a masterstroke as we can only presume more have had it than we thought, which is why people aren't catching it at mass gatherings.

Not in my village/suburb they weren't.
I walked past the Station and West One at 21:30 as part of my daily exercise.
Fucking arseholes most of them.
Still they were restrained at the King Arthur so hurrah for that.

Last edited:

Sorry Karen but time and time again I've been proven right since the start of this. People were saying millions would die in the uk and slated me for saying it will be closer to a bad flu year, which it has been. We are a lot further on from what we were 4 months ago in terms of treatment, NHS preparation etc. so in my opinion we are doing the right thing opening different parts of the economy up bit by bit and seeing how the virus reacts.

Sorry Karen but time and time again I've been proven right since the start of this. People were saying millions would die in the uk and slated me for saying it will be closer to a bad flu year, which it has been. We are a lot further on from what we were 4 months ago in terms of treatment, NHS preparation etc. so in my opinion we are doing the right thing opening different parts of the economy up bit by bit and seeing how the virus reacts.

Covid Karen. When your cast as a bond villain you might as well play the part.

That looks pretty bad to be fair. No worse than all the recent protests though which didn't lead to any noticeable spike. We will see what happens I guess but the amount of people with the virus is so low now I am fairly optimistic nothing will happen.

The amount of people who had it at the start of March was low (lower than now) and we’ve ended up with 50k dead.

Who said millions? Your sources have been consistently bad and you reject the world's dominate scientists,you out did yourself in your post about the cold
By the way it is not about being proven right,excess deaths shows you it is massively worse than flu or a cold and we have not had it for winter yet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.