COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's use Sweden as an example of what would happen without a strict lockdown, aren't they on around 12 a day dying now? Before people start banging on about population etc Stockholm is more densely populated than London. Many studies have said that a full lockdown has barely any benefit over banning large gatherings together with social distancing. It is also proven our cases peaked before lockdown. In my opinion there is absolutely no way we would be anywhere near 500k deaths.

The Sweden argument, ignoring population density even tho there only the 1 city that can compare to the Uk. The rest is very sparse.

they are naturally reserved, touching in public is not a done thing, young sweeds tend to leave the nest early so lower cross generational contamination.

And more importantly, According to 5/6 people i know who live there, mostly in Stockholm, the majority of the population ignored the gov and self isolated anyways, lots of companies closed offices and got people to work from home etc etc.

And in general, Sweeds see there strategy as an epic fail.

additionally the average age of Stockholm is 38, 40% of the Stockholm population is Between 20-44.

Edit, another point with stockholm is there are less than a million people there. London is 9 million. London had 6100 deaths. Stockholm had 2300, which is a far higher rate to London by populaton

Last edited:
That's clearly not true, the amount of people that had it at the start of March was much higher than now, we just didn't know it, that was how it exploded in numbers, not many had it in early to mid Feb though, and it still happened, but now we are testing huge numbers unlike early March, so it should be easier to spot, and we have far better knowledge on treatment, another advantage from back then.

One thing I'd like to know, and that we'll probably never find out, is how many children actually had it asymptomatically and subsequently took it home to their parents ? That could have been the huge spreader that made it explode.

Nah. More have it now than had it on 1st March. I’d you don’t agree, throw some actual figures at me.

Nah. More have it now than had it on 1st March. I’d you don’t agree, throw some actual figures at me.

UK wise it’s clear more had it then than do now than 1st March. Average 3 weeks from contraction to a death happening and the spike of excess deaths started around the 23rd March so those people were on average being infected around 1st week of March.

globally however far far more have it now than 1st March.

As I was saying about Wales and the mining valleys. Merthyr Tydfil has had more cases recently than Leicester. 179 v 141 No timescale mentioned.

that’s still an action effecting it tho. Those predictions are pure maths predictions, probably not taking stuff like that into consideration.
So totally made up then. If my auntie had bollocks she’d be my uncle but I won’t take into account she isn’t having a sex change. Might as well have said 10 million could die

Possibly. Weekend reporting/registering from here is one reason that numbers are always lower at weekend and catch up with a rise on every Tuesday (which reports the weekend top up via registrations on Monday). So I suggest we wait for Tuesdays numbers.

Last week Sunday was 36 Monday 25 and Tuesday (with the catchup) rose to 155.

Regional scoreboard of new cases:

London + 37 (similar to yesterday) NE + 8 (same as yesterday) West MIdlands + 66 (slightly up on yesterday) Yorks & Humber 100 (slightly down on yesterday but is the worst area today).

North West + 85 (down from 115 and the lowest since the new reporting data started Friday).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.