COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
These are banned, didn’t you know?

Apologies if I missed some of the thread but who/what is banned here? The article author? Medium? Articles that go against the grain?
I read this article the other day and it's certainly food for thought. How am I (as a viral lay person) able to dissect that that and agree/disagree. Immunology is his realm and we're generally told to listen to the virologists and epidemiologists.

Why are people unwilling to write their real name and number? Surely everyone wants to do their bit to help yet the amount of people saying 'im not giving my details' is huge.

It's very odd that some people have decided a lethal pandemic is a great time to start pretending they value their personal freedoms above those of people in other countries despite the fact they accept more surveillance in this country than in others and they didn't really care much about how their data was used illegally in the cambridge analytical scandal either. I do wonder how many of the people complaining about giving their name at the pub are the same people telling black people to suck up the fact they're disproportionately targeted by stop and search under the guise of "well what's your problem if you've got nothing to hide!?".

Harsh lockdowns imposed in Melbourne and Israel. 2 places which had an initial peak before getting the virus under some sort of control, and now it's way up again.

I don't know what the plan should entail, but constant fear of fairly strict lockdowns over and over again surely can't be the best we have? Is there anything to suggest what's happening in Melbourne, Israel and parts of Spain won't become common theme here? More 6-8 week lockdowns incoming in a couple months time?

Scary things happen, the numbers will go through the roof again in 10 to 14 days.

Harsh lockdowns imposed in Melbourne and Israel. 2 places which had an initial peak before getting the virus under some sort of control, and now it's way up again.

I don't know what the plan should entail, but constant fear of fairly strict lockdowns over and over again surely can't be the best we have? Is there anything to suggest what's happening in Melbourne, Israel and parts of Spain won't become common theme here? More 6-8 week lockdowns incoming in a couple months time?

Sounds incredibly callous saying this, but 'hopefully' it's less likely as more people have had it here. There's surely less people for it to burn through.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.