COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
just with my cycnic's hat on;

if Bolsanaro simply lies that he has it and 'recovers', or indeed recovers and truly has it, it gives him a much needed popularity boost. Just a thought.

Good post Gabriel. I think a lot of the Countries have struggled with the virus once it has spread to the care home section and it was spreading rapidly in homes in the first half of April
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/breaking-care-homes-face-coronavirus-21860324

The UK should have defended care home residents better but it’s one thing knowing you have a problem and another challenge solving it.

Btw I watched the film Tora, Tora, Tora that focuses on USA intelligence failings in the run up to the Pearl Harbour Attack. It reminded me of the Government and SAGE getting ready for The Virus.

Odd. I was reading up on that very thing this morning; so many small things went awry that left the base exposed. Conversely, a mere 6 months later, U.S. intelligence worked faultlessly, which led to the victory at Midway that turned the tide of the war in the Pacific.

If our political leaders enjoy a similar change in fortune when dealing with the second wave, we’ll be mightily relieved.

Odd. I was reading up on that very thing this morning; so many small things went awry that left the base exposed. Conversely, a mere 6 months later, U.S. intelligence worked faultlessly, which led to the victory at Midway that turned the tide of the war in the Pacific.

If our political leaders enjoy a similar change in fortune when dealing with the second wave, we’ll be mightily relieved.

Yes the Americans turned it around brilliantly but they made countless intelligence oversights in the run up to the attack. That’s assuming the film is fairly accurate.

Should have guessed. I've seen 20 year old Glastonbury wrist bands, ripped off peoples arms and thrown into a glass of Chianti over that. One man swore he would write a percussion piece, using nothing but recycled pasta cutters, to illustrate the harm caused through annoying, but spiritually cathartic sounds. He had a top knot, so it's obviously going to be great.
Fucking seeds all over the shop after this little barney. They only stopped rowing (shouting, not fannying around in a boat) when the landlady, sorry landzee, piped some Shamanic breathwork over the soundsystem.

Those increased case numbers were from a lower total of tests today. Just 94, 284. Lowest since 15 June.

The pillar 2 tests were the lowest they have been since May for some reason. The NHS pillar 1 tests at 40K were about the same as Saturday.

555 Northern Ireland 2864 Scotland 3174 Wales 33708 England

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.