COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sadly the regional scoreboard shows the rise seems to be focused in the North.

London 47 (up from 44)

West Midlands 49 (down from 59 and lowest in a week)

Yorks & Humber 109 (up from 82)

And North West 129 - back up from 79 to the levels of recent days and the worst impacted region again.

GM scoreboard (if anyone cares by now)

Bolton 7 - down from 13 , 137 in 20 days of new data, 48 in past week.

Bury 4 - up from 2, 47 over the 20 days, 21 in the past week.

Manchester 12 - up from 6, 224 over the 20 days, 78 in the past week

Oldham 9 - down from 13 , 128 over the 20 days 53 in the past week

Rochdale 12 - up from 8, 247 over the 20 days, 113 in the past week

Salford 9 - up from 2, 89 over the 20 days, 38 in the past week

Stockport 4 - up from 2, 54 over the 20 days, 28 in the past week

Tameside 5 - up from 0, 56 over the 20 days, 16 in the past week

Wigan 2 - up from 1, 41 over the 20 days (easily the lowest in GM), 12 in the past week

Other watch areas not good either:

Leicester added 33 - double yesterday but below the previous 6 days

Bradford added 50 - well up on last week of data

Blackburn added 18 - double last two days but about half a week ago's number

It seems the NW and Yorkshire/Humber are the areas of concern right now for spikes.

Other watch areas not good either:

Leicester added 33 - double yesterday but below the previous 6 days

Bradford added 50 - well up on last week of data

Blackburn added 18 - double last two days but about half a week ago's number

It seems the NW and Yorkshire/Humber are the areas of concern right now for spikes.
It’s being reported down this way that parts of Luton are now showing spikes and might need a local lockdown

Also sadly England hospital data update is a little concerning.

Numbers in hospital that I was suggesting yesterday might go below 1000 today after regular falls rose sharply yesterday.

Up from 1080 to 1210 - back to just one fewer than were in on 18 July.

This is the biggest daily rise since 28 June.

And the numbers going into hospital is the sign we should be most worried about seeing. As these are the cases that may become August's rising deaths.

Let us hope it is a blip not a trend.

Just 21 people were admitted to England hospitals on 19 July. The lowest in months. So the 130 went in on 20 & 21 July it seems as these days have not been updated as yet.

Monday and Tuesday admissions tend to be more than at weekends so that is a slight mitigation here.

It’s being reported down this way that parts of Luton are now showing spikes and might need a local lockdown

There may be places around the UK doing so. I cannot track all the different authorities but happy to monitor Luton from now on if you want me to?

There may be places around the UK doing so. I cannot track all the different authorities but happy to monitor Luton from now on if you want me to?
No it’s fine thanks , it was just something I picked up on the local news at lunch time.

Luton has a rating of 709.5 not quite yet up with the 800+ that Oldham and Rochdale and Blackburn have. But it is worse than everywhere else in GM.

Leicester for comparison is way out on its own with a rating of 1314.4.

Will keep my eye on Luton anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.