COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
New cases down too - below 700 for first time in 5 days - at 685.

From 113, 424 tests - though 3000 more pillar 1 and 2 tests than last week.

When the number was 580.

Well you didnt offer an opinion on it did you? I have said it since the restart and i am not going to backtrack
I didn't want it back either, as I thought it was wrong that fans were still dying, but it's been OK.

To suggest there is a cover up of infections in football is a bit ridiculous, the reason not many have tested positive is because there are relatively few cases in the country at the moment @700 per day out of 68m people, and football have all (including staff) been tested twice a week, and been following careful guidelines issued by the football authorities when training and not playing, not because it's being hidden by some conspiracy.

Amazingly the all settings deaths are just 7.

that's lower than the hospital number of 10.

And a new record. First single figure number since the start of the pandemic.
Am I missing something ? How can all settings number be lower than that of hospital deaths

I didn't want it back either, as I thought it was wrong that fans were still dying, but it's been OK.

To suggest there is a cover up of infections in football is a bit ridiculous, the reason not many have tested positive is because there are relatively few cases in the country at the moment @700 per day out of 68m people, and football have all (including staff) been tested twice a week, and been following careful guidelines issued by the football authorities when training and not playing, not because it's being hidden by some conspiracy.
The rules have been different for football,seven days isolating instead of fourteen,someone in a spurs game at the restart tested positive but none of the team or the opponents had to isolate before being tested,sorry but them not having to stick to the same rules as the rest of us makes me suspicious

Anyway in other news,a pet cat in the uk has tested positive,caught off its owner

The rules have been different for football,seven days isolating instead of fourteen,someone in a spurs game at the restart tested positive but none of the team or the opponents had to isolate before being tested,sorry but them not having to stick to the same rules as the rest of us makes me suspicious

Anyway in other news,a pet cat in the uk has tested positive,caught off its owner

Hope it's feline ok.

Blue Corby, It has happened very occasionally before that all settings is lower than hospital but only when numbers are really low. The older hospital deaths might not fit the criteria for being Covid in the data if they have taken 4 months to be so diagnosed.

A fall only occurs on Mondays when there is often no add ons from the community being Sunday data. Otherwise the add ons from the community would always be more than the few deductions made from the hospital data.

This has only happened in recent weeks too when overall deaths on a Monday are so few in number.

It is extraordinary even so and great news. Even though it will be different come Tuesday as the weekend catch up occurs.

Last edited:
So you think that the low cases in the country, twice weekly testing, and rules about who they can mix with, have nothing to do with it, and it's just being covered up, that's not a suspicion, it's paranoia.

The current daily infection rate is 0.001% of the population, and around 0.1% of those tested, and anyone can get a test if they feel the need one, but <0.2% are being tested, which largely backs up the 0.001% figure. Unlike football where it's compulsory twice a week, so multiply that up by what 40 ? staff at each club being tested, and the simple maths gives you the answer, it still wouldn't be 1 per test period, and they are being far better protected than you and me are.

So you think that the low cases in the country, twice weekly testing, and rules about who they can mix with, have nothing to do with it, and it's just being covered up, that's not a suspicion, it's paranoia.

The current daily infection rate is 0.001% of the population, and 0.1% of those tested, and anyone can get a test if they feel the need one (unlike football where it's compulsory twice a week), multiply that up by what 40 ? staff at each club being tested, and the simple maths gives you the answer, it still wouldn't be 1 per test period, and they are being far better protected than you and me are.
They should still have to isolated everyone the same as they did at the start,if you or me get contacted by a tracer to say you were near someone who may or may not have had it ,you have to isolate for fourteen days,coming back from holiday ,fourteen days,players playing a contact sport dont have to,you can test neg in the morning and positive in the evening and have no sympoms,unless they were tested every single day you cant be sure but the rules for us are different,why?

Are their families not going out and mixing with other people? All the players and coaches etc in a bubble at home ?

The current rate of infection is not the same as the restart time

Most people on this Forum were against football restating but it was a godsend for people shielding or stuck at home for other reasons. City have acted with dignity not kicking up a fuss about the season finishing and we’ve played some brilliant football, and occasionally disappointed. I’ve been able to access most of the games for free and more importantly, the players, coaches and support staff have been safe. The team who had more players ignoring the bio security (Watford) got relegated.

They were and to be honest most of it seemed driven by not wanting Liverpool to win the league rather than any rational thinking. The virus was massively on the wane and protocols had been put in place funded by the Premier League to make it safe. I'm glad to have been proven right on that one anyway as I suspect nearly everyone who was against it and swore they wouldn't watch it have since changed their minds.

They should still have to isolated everyone the same as they did at the start,if you or me get contacted by a tracer to say you were near someone who may or may not have had it ,you have to isolate for fourteen days,players playing a contact sport dont have to,you can test neg in the morning and positive in the evening and have no sympoms,unless they were tested every single day you cant be sure but the rules for us are different,why?

Are their families not going out and mixing with other people? All the players and coaches etc in a bubble at home ?

Clearly it all worked perfectly so all that is all irrelevant. Leave the decision making to the experts that know best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.