COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
England - just 27 admitted to hospital Monday (latest figures) The lowest since the records start.

Patients in England hospitals at 850 - lowest number since records started on 20 March when there were already 1541 in England hospitals with Covid.

Seven days ago the number was 1210. Though it fell to1017 on 23 July and has been sub 1000 ever since.

England patients on ICU ventilator beds today are 72 - 6 down on yesterday. Six days ago it was 102 so that is a big fall in ventilator cases.
There is a definite north/south divide opening up, with many more flare-ups in the north, certainly at the present time.

Last edited:
The only hope is that I was at the Asda in Rochdale today collecting our shop and I'd say the ratio was the opposite there. I think I only saw maybe 2 or 3 people without masks in the time I was in. Rochdale is about a week or so ahead of Oldham in terms of the publicity around a spike in cases so it maybe the penny drops there soon.

Yes but a house 2 doors away last saturday night had a party, 30 people came and brought a sound system, they were all hugging each other as theye arrived. Then for 7 hours tons of under 10s running round outsid ethe house with the adults all partying inside. 2 days earlier we all got the leaflet through the door asking Rochdale people to "not have more than 2 people who don't live there visit your home, and do not touch, hug, or kiss them". And these selfish bastards do that. When we were all isolating in lockdown not one twat from that street checked on my mum not one, yet there they are 2 doors from my mums partying up. So the Nigerian family in mums street don't give a shit. And the people i see from this flats wondow don't give a shit either. I bloody hate it here nowadays, i'm so depressed, i'm dreading the winter, lockdown, we never left this flat in lockdown as to get to the ground we have to walk down slim stairs passing people who do not give a shit about teh virus. so we couldn't risk even getting the exercise - how can i do that to my son again this winter.... Me and my mum and my sister were in mourning that saturday night, my perfect perfect special cat had died of cancer at 5.50pm in my mums lounge on my knee, with us all there talking to her and soothing her. And i spent the night at my mums having my last hours with her before we took her for cremation sunday morning while having to listen to those fucking selfish disease spreading neighbours and their nightclub music. It was a quiet culdesac for the 45 years she has lived there, not any more.
I hate it. I hate life. It's not fair.
Oh and the next door neighbours who have a go at mum as an easy target if ever a car dares to visit her (therefore "blocking them in") didn't say a bloody word to the partying neighbours. No, too scared. Easier for them to pick on a 77 year old than a family of 5 having 30 people round for a disease spreading party.

Yes but a house 2 doors away last saturday night had a party, 30 people came and brought a sound system, they were all hugging each other as theye arrived. Then for 7 hours tons of under 10s running round outsid ethe house with the adults all partying inside. 2 days earlier we all got the leaflet through the door asking Rochdale people to "not have more than 2 people who don't live there visit your home, and do not touch, hug, or kiss them". And these selfish bastards do that. When we were all isolating in lockdown not one twat from that street checked on my mum not one, yet there they are 2 doors from my mums partying up. So the Nigerian family in mums street don't give a shit. And the people i see from this flats wondow don't give a shit either. I bloody hate it here nowadays, i'm so depressed, i'm dreading the winter, lockdown, we never left this flat in lockdown as to get to the ground we have to walk down slim stairs passing people who do not give a shit about teh virus. so we couldn't risk even getting the exercise - how can i do that to my son again this winter.... Me and my mum and my sister were in mourning that saturday night, my perfect perfect special cat had died of cancer at 5.50pm in my mums lounge on my knee, with us all there talking to her and soothing her. And i spent the night at my mums having my last hours with her before we took her for cremation sunday morning while having to listen to those fucking selfish disease spreading neighbours and their nightclub music. It was a quiet culdesac for the 45 years she has lived there, not any more.
I hate it. I hate life. It's not fair.
Oh and the next door neighbours who have a go at mum as an easy target if ever a car dares to visit her (therefore "blocking them in") didn't say a bloody word to the partying neighbours. No, too scared. Easier for them to pick on a 77 year old than a family of 5 having 30 people round for a disease spreading party.

I really feel for you and though its no help there are many of us have to live in the vicinity of scum these days as there is so much of it, feral people.

Please talk to someone if you have too, you need to be strong for the others close to you.

So sorry to hear about the Puss its so hard to lose one, i have been there too.

where I live mask wearing in the town is I would say 95% + in shops - then again we have been very good here throughout.

This afty we decided to have a trip out to Saltburn - not seen the sea for about 4 months and it was nice. Pretty packed with people walking about etc - me Mrs and daughter wore masks - I'd estimate we saw 12-15 others wearing them- there was easily somewhere in the region of 2-3k people milling about ! - no fucker else. People are as thick as mince sometimes.

Interesting change in tack from the virus
A virus doesn't "change tack" it goes after everyone, but those that make themselves more available are more susceptible to it. Older people are generally doing everything they can to avoid it, younger ones are trying to get back to normal (which I understand), so its down to the younger people not to spread it to the older people, and I'm not fancying that will work very well.

I've had to be back in the office the last 2 days for the first time in 4 months, and first shift in I find out a bunch of our younger colleagues(<35) all went out on the lash on Monday night in central London (their shift pattern encourages this as they swap from night to days). I haven't seen any of them for 4 months until Tuesday morning, but I've spent 12 hours, for the last 2 days in a totally uncontrolled environment, basically underground, with controlled forced air working with them. I've even been training up a new member of staff (mostly IT based and it has to be on one work station due to the nature of the role), and we've spent most of the 2 12 hour shifts less then 2m apart, whilst the others in the office don't really respect any distancing either, on Tuesday there were even extra people in office doing some software upgrade on one part of our IT.

Me and my trainee have both used wipes on phones, keyboards, and mice, used handgel, and antibac soap etc, but I've had to step in and take over on a number of occasions, as we have tight deadlines to meet, and the person I'm training is completely new to the role, with no previous experience of what we do, and on top of that I've had set up some of their IT for them to use to be their most efficient on the job.

So after 4 months of being extremely careful it now feels completely wasted after just 2 shifts, as I've been as exposed to the potential to catch it as possible, if anyone else has it.

Luckily my time in the office is now limited in the next month, with most shifts back at home again, so I'm fingers crossed for the next 2 weeks.

On the other side my wife works in a dentist at the sharp end (literally, in and out of peoples mouths), and she is also back in work this week having been furloughed for 4 months, whilst they have very clear safety regulations to follow, they don't yet have the full equipment to work safely, so again after 4 months of being extremely careful she is also at significant risk from anyone infected, as obviously they have to treat the public, and there is no guarantee that somebody infected won't show up.

The advice to dentistry from the General Dental Council (and NHS) has been an utter shit show since the start, but people do badly need treatments now after 4 months without.

On top of that she's now being abused by the patients they are treating because they have to wait in the car outside until they are called inside because social distancing in most of the building is impossible (small old building) even for the staff never mind patients.

The "new" normal, and we're not quite so happy with it today.

You have to have rocks for a brain to believe all this nonsense and fear mongering. People Where I’m from in Bradford have been out and about since the 4th week or so, like practically normal so where’s this second wave we’re always told is coming? The only reason death counts are “higher” in BAME communities is because if a death is declared a Covid death the body is returned straight away, if it isn’t then you have to wait at least 2 weeks.

This has happened to an auntie of mine who died from a long term illness, nothing to do with Covid but staff told her family members that if Covid was put down they could give them the body back fast. Control through fear, that’s all that’s happening.
That is bollocks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.