COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s quite easy for me living alone, but I’m still acting like it’s April and still only leave my flat to shop or exercise.

I’ve been more interested in City news with the CAS verdict, the end to the Prem, the FA Cup and CL; than I have COVID, in recent weeks. So instead of doing the wrong thing because I’ve not been following the guidelines in the News, I’ve just acted like it’s still lockdown.

I have booked to go to the gym on Monday but will speak to them tomorrow and cancel if they think I should.

Other than that, it’s been five months of this for me. I’d rather do that than do the wrong thing and put others at risk by going out in groups or to peoples homes when I shouldn’t be.

So as far as a return to restrictions goes, for me, I’m just carrying on as I have been.

Same for me and the wife. We battened down the hatches on March 10th and still act is if full lockdown is on. We are about a month away from declaring our house an independent state they way this shit is going down.

I have an antibody test to do tomorrow. Can't do it today as I'm on the scotch.

Random selection apparently. If it shows antibodies what does that mean?

I got mine by email earlier tonight and am still confused by the sets of numbers on it - doesn’t help that it’s in Portuguese though - let us know what numbers you get so I can compare as I’ve got two sets of numbers but looks like I probably haven’t had the virus - Unless it was contracted anytime up to April as data suggests antibodies not detectable after 3 months in majority of cases

Same for me and the wife. We battened down the hatches on March 10th and still act is if full lockdown is on. We are about a month away from declaring our house an independent state they way this shit is going down.
We were the same, but we've both been back into work over the last few days, neither of us have enjoyed the experience, I was training someone, distancing pretty much impossible. We haven't seen our son or my parents since the end of Feb, so we have arranged to do that early next week, but having booked a meal in town only this evening, I'm going to have to cancel, and try and book it outside GM, but it's daft we can when my son lives within GM, and we are staying just outside. We're all sensible so will keep distancing, but the whole thing is now a mess. Just as they are announcing this in GM, they are allowing up to 30 together in Wales from Monday, my son's GF family are all about an hour away in Wales, so she can go there and meet numerous other households, they could both travel to us to meet as well 150 miles away.

Shambles isn't even close.

NO. I can't do this. Thanks to people like the neighbours quoted above im now supposed to leave my 77 year old invalid mum on her own in her house and large garden, again. just like I had to do for 3 months. While I keep my 3 year old locked up in a flat, unable to visit grandma FIVE minutes walk away and play in her garden. She has NO visitors. I have no visitors. I've not been in a shop since march. She's Not been out since march. I don't go to pubs, I've been nowhere since lockdown ended other than taking my son to see his grandma. You won't get anyone less likely to have the virus than us 3 (and my partner who is in the same boat as me). me, my partner, my sister, my 3 year old son, and my mum. We all have been nowhere and know no one. We truly have no friends, no one to see - just my mum. Yet if I take my son to play at grandma's off we go to the police eh. While the people quoted above do what they like and the Asian families in the other 3 houses all have mass meetings. I'll just leave mum to die, like my dad did last year and my cat did on saturday, and we won't see her in winter based on all this anyway so I tell you what fuck it this law abiding dogooder had had enough. Not spending the rest of my life like this. All 24 hours left of it.
The new guidance https://www.gov.uk/guidance/north-west-of-england-local-restrictions-what-you-can-and-cannot-do states
Can I still meet indoors with people in my support bubble?
Yes. Where people from single adult households (people who live alone or single parents with dependent children aged under 18) have formed a support bubble with another household, they can continue to visit each other, stay overnight, and visit other public places as if they were one household.

I've read the guidelines a few times and I still don't fully understand it.
Can I go to my local pub and meet my friends tonight? I will be going on my own and meeting them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.