COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been on a wander today around town up the curry mile and on to fallowfield.

No one has changed their behaviour and pubs/cafes/buse etc are as they were yesyerday

Asked a landlord of a pub and he said police advice is inside no mixing, but beer gardens are undrr same rules as going to the park and their hands are tied as they can only take peoples word

Also police who were near one place said they were not able to patrol every building.

Total farce, there is no forcable lockdown while places are allowed to stay open

Just pulled into my avenue, neighbours celebrating EID with people from another household lol.
I’ve been at home today & about 50-60 people have been visiting their relatives to celebrate today to many households , kids , grannies the lot , they don’t give a fuck ...meanwhile I havnt seen my granddaughter in the flesh for 5 months

I have been on a wander today around town up the curry mile and on to fallowfield.

No one has changed their behaviour and pubs/cafes/buse etc are as they were yesyerday

Asked a landlord of a pub and he said police advice is inside no mixing, but beer gardens are undrr same rules as going to the park and their hands are tied as they can only take peoples word

Also police who were near one place said they were not able to patrol every building.

Total farce, there is no forcable lockdown while places are allowed to stay open
I don’t know why I’m bothering, posting this, People it’s aimed at will think, he must be talking about someone else, but maybe people should grow a fucking brain and stop being selfish cunts

I don’t know why I’m bothering, posting this, People it’s aimed at will think, he must be talking about someone else, but maybe people should grow a fucking brain and stop being selfish cunts

People aren't unfortunately, I will admit I have had a pint, but stayed away from others and observed, no one is changing, pubs cannot stop it and the police don't have the numbers to control it.

Total cop out from the government imho, shut everywhere or don't expect some to adhere, because you have already fucked up the message.

Plus people have a brain and are staying in their socual circle not fannying about woth strangers, but as long as they are allowed to go shooping or to eat or drink they will mix with that circle because they can, selfish, stupid, or confident their close family and frielnd don't have covid, it is all up in the air.

Last edited:
On the Beta site you can now do an interesting thing. See graphs of case numbers per day across the entire history of the pandemic via each of even the lower tier authorities. Not just the big ones. Most follow a similar pattern with a rapid rise to a peak in early/mid April, then slowly tail off to a lower level. Then over the month after the easing of lockdown a steady but smallish rise.

A few have a secondary short lived peak (Bury had one in late May - probably a local outbreak - care home maybe).

Others fall only a small amount and stay in a midway position after mid April up to recently. Liverpool follows the common slow drop to very low with little indication of any recent uptick from the celebrating fans you might expect. Unlike Manchester which fell less far after the peak than Liverpool and so the recent upturn that has resulted in the new restrictions quickly got to a danger point as it had less to climb before getting there than places like Liverpool.

But Leicester is very odd. It rises very slowly from the start in March, has no big peak in early April when over 1000 were dying daily in England hospitals and unlike almost everywhere else did not tail off after getting to that peak. It was at a lower point then but just continued to climb when the rest of the UK was falling by a greater or larger degree.

By late June it was up at the kind of level more or less everyone else was getting two and a half months earlier. That is why they brought in the local lockdown and numbers then slowly started to fall to now. Right now it is about the same level as it was in early/mid April when Britain was at the height of the pandemic and deaths were terrible. But is not getting any of these deaths.

Obviously I have not checked every area in the UK as there are too many so there may be others that do this. And it will be fascinating science to track each location and try to figure out if or why it behaved differently from the norm.

But I am puzzled as to why Leicester seems to have behaved so differently. Any ideas?

Pei0el aren't unfirtunately, I will admit I have had a pint, but stayed away from others and observed, no one is changing no, pubs cannot stop it and the police don't have the numbers to control it.

Total cop out from the government imho, shut everywhere or don't expect some to adhere, because you have already fucked up the message.
Don’t disagree with you mate, you can go out and be responsible, if more people were we’d be less likely to be where we are

In terms of pubs near where I am and when I’ve visited town. People are social distancing. Most pubs you have to book a table for or the tables have been moved to create enough space.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.