COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Major incident?
Back in ‘Lockdown’ in a week or so possibly?
This virus hasn’t gone anywhere has it and soon as people start getting back to some small bit of normality it will rear its ugly head again!

Went past Wetherspoons 10 am this morning in heywood fucking loads in no social distancing what do you expect utter morons

Went past Wetherspoons 10 am this morning in heywood fucking loads in no social distancing what do you expect utter morons

Greater Manchester has made an embarrassing response to the virus from week 1 when there were bouncy castle parties. I’m still not sure who grassed me up!

Same everywhere pal .
Social distancing in pubs just does not work.
Not sure what the answer is tbh as these businesses need to keep trading.
Feel bad for all these Beauty places, gyms etc that were due to open.

Cases going back up in Ireland here too. A big part here is the government sending out mixed messages of what we should and shouldn't be doing.
Then again people have to be alot more sensible too.
Its been a fudge from Day 1.
Time for leadership. Testing at airports needs to be ramped up not this sign a form that you'll self isolate for a fortnight (as if).
Masks in supermarkets are still only advisory although the percentage wearing them now has increased greatly.
This week will tell the tale here, If cases remain at 50 or less a day then we're fine,if it's nearer to 100 than there will be more restrictions. The only positive in these new cases in Ireland is that for the most part they know where the came from and have got on top of these clusters fairly quickly .The cases were always going to rise after relaxations, its critical it remains manageable.

Its been a fudge from Day 1.
Time for leadership. Testing at airports needs to be ramped up not this sign a form that you'll self isolate for a fortnight (as if).
Masks in supermarkets are still only advisory although the percentage wearing them now has increased greatly.
This week will tell the tale here, If cases remain at 50 or less a day then we're fine,if it's nearer to 100 than there will be more restrictions. The only positive in these new cases in Ireland is that for the most part they know where the came from and have got on top of these clusters fairly quickly .The cases were always going to rise after relaxations, its critical it remains manageable.

The whole self isolate for two weeks coming from the airport is absolutely ridiculous. Book two weeks and spend it in one room, As you said (as if).
I still dont get the whole (you have to have food in a pub) what difference does it make if your sitting there with food or not, A lot of things just dont make sense. Your taking the positives which is good.

A week will be too long to wait to tighten the screw. I am heartened that someone who can act is reading the same data that I am posting here and calling it out urgently. As it scares me to death how quickly this has escalated already. And they likely have seen today things we will only discover in tomorrows data. And today's was bad enough.

Yet I could not even persuade my 86 year old friend with serious health problems not to go to the Supermarket today despite trying for over an hour. She just thinks its time to go out there and live again. Indeed she went without a face mask saying her health meant that she could not wear one as it stopped her breathing properly. I tried so hard to make her see how wrong that thinking is. But unless ordered not to she won't and she has lost all faith in the government despite cheering Boris on last December.

I am really concerned about her. But if I cannot even talk her round then all the young and fit bravados will be even more likely to do what they choose without some actual enforcement on the ground. Just asking them to be sensible is not going to cut it.

So I hope our local leaders fight this all the way because unless some sense is knocked into heads then it may take months to turn the juggernaut back round.

We are at crossroads where things can go either way depending on how we act over the next few days.

The whole self isolate for two weeks coming from the airport is absolutely ridiculous. Book two weeks and spend it in one room, As you said (as if).
I still dont get the whole (you have to have food in a pub) what difference does it make if your sitting there with food or not, A lot of things just dont make sense. Your taking the positives which is good.
We had the food rule here for a while too. The logic was to try to get people to stay in one place on a night out, making it easier to track and trace. Although it inevitably descended into pubs just offering a plate of chips for a couple of quid, so it was eventually scrapped.

Pubs need shutting asap. Driving past a few before and they were rammed with absolute dickheads in groups of 10 and definitely weren't from the same household.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.