COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Melbourne in particular Victoria have declared a state of emergency and disaster ,everything not essential shut,night time curfiew only allowed out for work ,meds and food etc,they were doing great but need to go back to the beginning,america is awash with infection,icu overwhelmed in at least one state,things change fast so people however pissed off just have to be patient

A week will be too long to wait to tighten the screw. I am heartened that someone who can act is reading the same data that I am posting here and calling it out urgently. As it scares me to death how quickly this has escalated already. And they likely have seen today things we will only discover in tomorrows data. And today's was bad enough.

Yet I could not even persuade my 86 year old friend with serious health problems not to go to the Supermarket today despite trying for over an hour. She just thinks its time to go out there and live again. Indeed she went without a face mask saying her health meant that she could not wear one as it stopped her breathing properly. I tried so hard to make her see how wrong that thinking is. But unless ordered not to she won't and she has lost all faith in the government despite cheering Boris on last December.

I am really concerned about her. But if I cannot even talk her round then all the young and fit bravados will be even more likely to do what they choose without some actual enforcement on the ground. Just asking them to be sensible is not going to cut it.

So I hope our local leaders fight this all the way because unless some sense is knocked into heads then it may take months to turn the juggernaut back round.

We are at crossroads where things can go either way depending on how we act over the next few days.
Tbf if I was 86 I would think fuck it as I might die tomorrow so I am not going to spend more time locked in my house,that age are very stubborn as they have seen it all before

The majority of the population have immunity to flu,those figures were the worst in 40 yrs so well out of the norm,there is only 60,000 dead from covid because of the steps we have taken to protect each other,if we did nothing it would have half a million maybe more,i am so sorry that you have been inconvienienced
The majority of the population have immunity to the flu? You want to write a book if you’ve managed to prove that.....

A major incident has been declared in Greater Manchester amid a rise in coronavirus infection rates.

Gold command meetings of senior figures from the police, local authorities and other agencies have been taking place over the weekend, according to the Manchester Evening News.

A statement to Sky News from assistant chief constable Nick Bailey, chairman of the Local Resilience Forum, said: "Recognising that there are multiple localities across Greater Manchester seeing rises in infection rates, the group reviewed learning from other recent areas, including Leicester, and its own learning from across the partnership, and have taken the decision to declare this a major incident in order to respond as effectively as possible

"This will enable us to maximise the capability of agencies across Greater Manchester, including additional resources if required, to instigate a prompt and positive change in direction.

"It is part of our desire to protect the population of Greater Manchester and provide them with the highest levels of assurance that agencies are doing all they can to reduce infection rates and bring Greater Manchester back to as near a state of normality as current times allow.

"Gold Command".

The favourite chocolates of any serious Bramhall lady.

Nail on the head, I take my own decisions as to what I do, love the Pub but will not be going in one until a vaccine is available. I wear a face mask when I go out and only go out when I need to. It's not difficult or confusing it's common sense.
If everyone thinks like you, there wont be any pubs left to go in by the time a vaccine is available.

We have to contain the spread through being sensible and testing before we go into the winter and a second wave,i get you are impatient but this is a brand new virus that loves winter and we haven't gone through the winter with it yet,do you really want to chance it that it will not peak in the winter like all other respiratory viruses? What if it kills someone in your family,change your mind then? The nh s gets overwhelmed with The usual winter illnesses,add covid and it will be a diaster
It shouldn't be treated as a "winter virus", because it also loves the heat, because it forces people back indoors to air conditioning, and is a big part of the reason it grew in the middle east, central America, and the southern US states in summer.

It's an all year round virus, its just requires humans to comply by squashing themselves indoors where it can spread more easily.

116620896_298484544722950_5413108986810292273_o.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.