COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
can anyone tell me the rules about going between England and Scotland? i know you couldnt for a long time (or werent supposed to, i should say) but now it seems it is very common for people to be going on holiday to each country from the other etc, was it formally lifted? or was it never formally forbidden? thanks

Is it time to fund a national, locally administered coronavirus test for EVERYONE?

That will tell us exactly how many cases we have and where they are. The areas above a certain threshold get locked down and then from there normal local testing/hospital admissions etc will surely indicate whether that number is going up or down to review the lockdown.

No idea if it's possible but the lack of depth and live data is the main reason why we are struggling with this virus.

They kept saying on the news last night that COVID cases are doubling or more all over the place, well yes, if there is 1 case and it increases to 2, that has doubled.... It isn't exactly earth shattering news though!

I wondered why trace wasn't working well - and now I know. People think they're being bothered by a cold caller trying to steal their bank details or flog them stuff they don't need!
The number needs to be advertised as the National Defence number - they even need to send texts to land lines that don't answer (phone companies handle these in this day and age).
Of course caller ID can be forged but phone companies need to sort that out. You shouldn't be able to pretend to be a number you're not.
Then if it still doesn't work pass the number and address details to the local authority for someone to physically visit you - ideally in a hasmat suit!

Last edited:
can anyone tell me the rules about going between England and Scotland? i know you couldnt for a long time (or werent supposed to, i should say) but now it seems it is very common for people to be going on holiday to each country from the other etc, was it formally lifted? or was it never formally forbidden? thanks
You can buy a train ticket from Kings Cross to Inverness so presumably you can travel freely between the two.

Is it time to fund a national, locally administered coronavirus test for EVERYONE?

That will tell us exactly how many cases we have and where they are. The areas above a certain threshold get locked down and then from there normal local testing/hospital admissions etc will surely indicate whether that number is going up or down to review the lockdown.

No idea if it's possible but the lack of depth and live data is the main reason why we are struggling with this virus.

They kept saying on the news last night that COVID cases are doubling or more all over the place, well yes, if there is 1 case and it increases to 2, that has doubled.... It isn't exactly earth shattering news though!
It's possible, but you need a test that works in less than 30 mins that people can see the result of themselves before returning it. Everybody then has to do it at the same time.
Even then you' have to track and trace the contacts of those found positive to retest those who were incubating the virus and would not test positive for up to 14 days (6 days for 95% of the population).
Best to block test all contacts of an individual who is found to have it and repeat the exercise 7 days later.

Last edited:

I believe Nicola Sturgeon has discouraged people from the local lockdown areas in England (like Greater Manchester) from going to Scotland and vice versa but there isn't any blanket ban (nor ever has there been) as far as I know.

France and Spain have both reported large daily rises in coronavirus cases amid fears that parts of Europe could be hit by a second wave later in the year

Meanwhile in Spain, 1,772 new coronavirus infections were announced on Wednesday

Germany has 1,000 more cases in last 24hrs

In Germany, a doctors' union said it was already contending with a second wave amid a disregard for social-distancing guidelines that risked squandering the nation's early success in containing the virus

The French government's top scientific body said of the crisis in its country: "The situation is precarious. We could at any moment tip into a scenario that is less under control, like in Spain.France has reported 1,695 new COVID-19 infections over 24 hours. This is the highest daily increase since 30 May, when they were up by 1,828.

"It is highly likely that we will experience a second epidemic wave this autumn or winter."

1,000 a day,every day are dying in the states

Tv news sources/sky/CNN

Thank God we have him to explain the bleeding obvious
The government does publish the numbers every Thursday in the weekly surveillance report. It takes 3 days for individuals to be aligned with all their tests.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.