COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know it's the Mail but they're going to change Covid-19 death reportibg it to be like Scotland and NI such that only folks who die within a month of a positive test get added to the death stats, with around 4000 removed from the total.
https://mol.im/a/8599213

Otherwise anybody who ever had a +ve test will eventually die of Covid-19. Of course the numbers will move to the excess death total (currently -ve). But its thr right ghing to do.

Ive been saying this for months.

Just saying like.

How do you know this?

“Immunity isn’t proven but it’s definitely not weakening”?
At the start immunity was presumed,it was wrong ,not one reputable scientist will say to a person that you are immune and for how long,it is one of the surprises of covid,weakening is another matter entirely,the strength of the virus weakening hasn't been proven,keeping people apart is what is stopping it in its tracks

Scottish data week to week comparison

Last Thursday v Today

Deaths 0 v 0

New cases 17 v 67

In hospital 260 v 270

On Icu ventilators 2 v 4

Though the rises are small they are at the moment across all indicators for the first time.

Other than deaths - which always will be the last one to emerge as it lags by some weeks the others.

If a rise in Scottish deaths do not follow then that will certainly be good news about how this disease is developing.

I know it's the Mail but they're going to change Covid-19 death reporting to be like Scotland and NI such that only folks who die within a month of a positive test get added to the death stats, with around 4000 removed from the total.
https://mol.im/a/8599213

Otherwise anybody who ever had a +ve test will eventually die of Covid-19. Of course the numbers will simply move to the excess death total (currently -ve since the start of July). But its the right thing to do.
Within a month is too short a time given what we know about organ damage

Numbers traced by our world beating test and trace system falls for the third successive week to just over 72%. Down from 76%

No wonder most who can have given up on it and created their own locally run service that always was the right approach. Utterly nuts to centralise something where depending on local knowledge is crucial.

The national service reached 61% of contacts whereas the local teams where they exist reached 93% Indeed in some places the difference was as high as 56% to 98%.

Says it all.

Last edited:
Scotland's numbers are absolutely depressing.

Disconcerting I would say. But they can be turned around and I certainly think strong leadership will make that more likely. And I would rather have Nicola Sturgeon in charge than pretty much any English politician if I lived there. So devolution can yet save the day. Because if she has to and is allowed to do by law then I suspect Nicola will close the borders to protect her people.

Westminster would consider it for days and then decide when it is too late.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.