COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
And this is why we’ve got to stop using new cases as the sole source of decision making. I really think that some people imagine that one day we’ll wake up and you’ll be posting 0 new cases for every region. That just isn’t going to happen and it’s the supportive data we need to be using. We need to be much smarter in our approach to this and need much more transparency. Being led by the same science we’ve been led by since January might not be the wisest of choices either. Much more diversity is required to assist these admittedly wicked choices.

I do trust that real smart people are seeing the same data I read and post here daily and are making the right decisions off the back of it.

I am not a scientist although I have worked with a few of them. My math skills are one and one is two. Though you would likely chuckle if you knew more of my background so I am saying no more!

[QUOTE="Ban-jani,
60,000 haven’t died from the virus, we’ve even had 4,000 wiped from the 40,000+ figure today because of false diagnosis of death.

No change to the official published figures yet.
Up to 4k is the Daily Mail estimate, probably nearer 1k.
Won't effect the figures for covid on death certificates 55k or excess deaths 60k +.
Thank you.
Judging by ONS death certificate data v Daily figures 4000 is probably an underestimate by 20% - but we'll see.

Last edited:
I am not a scientist although I have worked with a few of them. My math skills are one and one is two. Though you would likely chuckle if you knew more of my background so I am saying no more!
Don't undersell your Maths, you do a very decent job of sorting streams of data into easily understandable posts.

I do trust that real smart people are seeing the same data I read and post here daily and are making the right decisions off the back of it.

Can I go first - you used to work with Badiel and Skinner on Fantasy Football?

Keep up the good work! but if you could just add the Algarve to your data as well that would be great - Ta

Angus-Statto-Loughran-s-Stat-Attack-with-BetOnBrazil-com-20200225023839-BG.jpg

Belgium, the Bahamas and Andorra have been added to the UK's coronavirus quarantine list, after a spike in cases in the affected countries.

Tweeting on Thursday, Transport Secretary Grant Shapps said people arriving in the UK from those countries after 4am on Saturday would need to isolate for 14 days.

He said: "Data shows we need to remove Andorra, Belgium and the Bahamas from our list of #coronavirus Travel Corridors in order to keep infection rates DOWN.

49 all settings deaths. 11 up on last week.

So 24 out of hospital added then versus 41 today.

Think we need to be asking why the numbers out of hospital are climbing.

Because they are still counting anyone that has ever had it as a covid death is my guess.

Belgium, the Bahamas and Andorra have been added to the UK's coronavirus quarantine list, after a spike in cases in the affected countries.

Tweeting on Thursday, Transport Secretary Grant Shapps said people arriving in the UK from those countries after 4am on Saturday would need to isolate for 14 days.

He said: "Data shows we need to remove Andorra, Belgium and the Bahamas from our list of #coronavirus Travel Corridors in order to keep infection rates DOWN.

What's your source for that? Mine is this BBC article from 2019:

https://www.bbc.com/worklife/article/20190821-why-so-many-young-swedes-live-alone

"More than half of Swedish households are single-person, the highest proportion in the EU, according to Eurostat. Official figures given to the BBC by the Swedish government’s number-crunching agency Statistics Sweden suggest that includes around one in five 18- to 25-year-olds, although its researchers estimate that the real number could be higher, since many remain registered at their parents’ address while they stay in sublet rentals."

I have no reason to doubt it.
You might not have reason to doubt it but, even if that’s correct, it doesn’t mean that half the population live on their own. There are 1.8 million swedes living alone and 8.5 not living alone.
As for the source I went straight to Eurostat, who the BBC use as their source.
https://www.statista.com/statistics/524909/sweden-number-of-single-person-households/

That all translates as about 40% of households being single occupancy, which isn’t hugely different to the U.K, where it’s about 30% of households which are single occupancy although that rises to over 35% in Scotland.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.