COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t believe for a second that 4 months of reduced medical services doesn’t affect mortality.

Good for your but we don’t know what the impact has been. I would like to see a full resumption of clinical services and hopefully that’s started to happen.

You might be right but we don’t know. Emergency care is always available on the NHS. Most people who need planned treatment and will have been able to sustain their health for four / five months and there will have been fewer complications from surgery / procedures. Clearly some people’s health will have suffered but we don’t know the current or longer term impact yet. Remember also that the R rate has been in higher in hospitals than the community for much of the Spring / Summer.

I used spain as an example, but you can apply it to any country, India for example as they wont have the infastructure in place to handle exact statistics, Iran who activly hide deaths. Excess deaths is the absolute barometer on how a country is handling the pandemic. Even down to how well they handled the other medical issues at hand.

Do you have any evidence that the people that need help are not getting it? there will be the odd one no doubt but just annecdotally I know 2 people going through Chemo and they havn't had a single appointment cancelled, and I know someone who had a heart attack in lockdown and they got all the treatment they needed too.

This one is global - https://www.bbc.com/future/article/20200528-why-most-covid-19-deaths-wont-be-from-the-virus

This Western - https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www..../health/treatment-delays-coronavirus.amp.html

I wasn’t actually making claims as strong as that, I think a percentage of excess deaths will be collateral but the majority will still be Covid, the first article thinks global millions will die from other things because of the coronavirus response.

Good for your but we don’t know what the impact has been. I would like to see a full resumption of clinical services and hopefully that’s started to happen.

You might be right but we don’t know. Emergency care is always available on the NHS. Most people who need planned treatment and will have been able to sustain their health for four / five months and there will have been fewer complications from surgery / procedures. Clearly some people’s health will have suffered but we don’t know the current or longer term impact yet. Remember also that the R rate has been in higher in hospitals than the community for much of the Spring / Summer.
As I’ve posted above, it seems many, including health experts, agree with me.

As I’ve posted above, it seems many, including health experts, agree with me.

I didn’t see much about the NHS in your linked articles mate. Of course it would be bad news if healthcare services were restricted indefinitely but that’s not the case. Remember, I’m in favour of getting comprehensive healthcare services up and running.

I guess you are some sort of political activist because I don’t recognise the “lockdown” that you keep referring too. I’m going to get my shopping in a few minutes and I had know hassles when I went to the pub at the start of the week. Contributors to this thread often mention the healthcare they are receiving so the NHS isn’t in lockdown either.

I didn’t see much about the NHS in your linked articles mate. Of course it would be bad news if healthcare services were restricted indefinitely but that’s not the case. Remember, I’m in favour of getting comprehensive healthcare services up and running.

I guess you are some sort of political activist because I don’t recognise the “lockdown” that you keep referring too. I’m going to get my shopping in a few minutes and I had know hassles when I went to the pub at the start of the week. Contributors to this thread often mention the healthcare they are receiving so the NHS isn’t in lockdown either.
I’m really not a political activist, the only time I’ve ever got off my arse to do anything political is to vote.

I actually dislike political activists a lot of the time.

I’m just opinionated and have an opinion on this, that the lockdown has contributed to the deaths figures, it’s not a wild claim nor a conspiracy, it’s a pretty mainstream view this would happen.

43 new cases in Scotland

27 of which are in grampian area (unknown but possibly connected to the outbreak in Aberdeen - investigations ongoing)

Leaves 16 for the other regions, will be interested to see how many Greater Glasgow and Clyde are responsible for as that was the other region which looked like numbers were on the rise with 17 new cases there alone yesterday, hopefully that number is well down today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.