COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
After yesterdays record low since the partial lockdown of 79 we went over the hill and far away today to 209. A new high and as you can see over 20% of the whole England total.
Not good is it?

Yet again had an argument with my Sister, with her saying she wants to visit (with her husband and three kids) my Mam+Dad today.

I’ve had enough of people having this selfish and stupid “oh it’ll be alright” “nobody else is abiding by the rules” “I can go to the pub but not Mum+Dad’s?” attitude

This week I’ve seen City fans and my own family flaunt the rules and it’s pissing me off now. When it’s our own being dick heads, it makes you sink to a new low!

GM scoreboard

Bolton 13 - up from 8. 266 past month. 81 past week. 28 past 3 days (was 30). Pop Score 724

Bury 7 - up from 3. 129 past month. 51 past week. 20 past 3 days (was 24). Pop score 737

Manchester 33 - up from 23, 621 past month. 194 past week. 84 past 3 days (was 86)

Oldham 44 - up from 13 - highest number I have seen in GM so far. 514 past month. 200 past week (new high).
90 past 3 days (new high) (was 77) Big trouble in little Oldham. Pop score 995 (will be GMs first 1000 club member possibly tomorrow - joining only Leicester, Ashford, Blackburm and Bradford - who pipped Oldham today into the club)

Rochdale 23 - up from 4 and this town's highest in weeks too. 388 past month. 89 past week. 38 past 3 days (was 25).
Pop score 886

Salford 18 - triples from 6 to equal its high. 240 past month, 73 past week. 31 past 3 days (was 22) Pop score 600 - so no GM town left in the 400/500 club and we had several not long ago.

Stockport 26 - massive rise from 7 to yet another new high for this town which someone laughed at me on here the other day for saying had problems. In fact it smashed that previous high out of the park - 19 a week ago.
218 past month (it was below 60 and best in GM 2 or 3 weeks ago so the change has been very stark). 84 in past week - more than it had had in the previous month. 46 past 3 days (was 30 and 3 days before was 29, then 19 - so you see the sharp rise over the last few days causing a klaxon to sound here). Pop score 629

Tameside 30 - up from 5 - if anything that is an even worse jump than Stockport - and as a neighbouring borough there has to be investigation into what is happening round here. 206 past month. 82 past week. 47 past 3 days (was 34).
Pop score 760 (biggest rise in one day by any GM borough recently btw which measures how big a jump in cases this is relative to population).

Trafford 12 - up from 6. 137 past 2 weeks. 52 past week, 22 past 3 days (was 24) Pop score 631

Wigan 3 - down from 4 (feel sorry for well performing Wigan stuck with GM) 96 past month (as you see miles ahead of the rest) 28 past week. 13 past 3 days (was 13). Pop score 673

Last edited:
No NHS hospital data updated today again. So think that will be it until tomorrow.

Hope for better then.

And after such a great start with just 8 deaths. The fourth single figure number since 27 July and exactly the same as last Sunday btw.

But recall Sunday & Monday figures are always low and we get a catch up on Tuesdays.So its good but not something to get overly excited about.

No way to sugar coat it. Over a week into measures we should be seeing reductions not big jumps.
Do you happen to know where 209 cases in a day ranks to Greater Manchester’s other daily highs throughout the six months of this?

I would be pretty sure there were many more often back in April round the height of the pandemic. But there is no way to know as testing has changed so much. And they are doing up to 20 times as many tests a day now as then. And were then only really testing those ill enough to go into hospital - which - happily as most seem to be young - those testing positive now rarely seem to need to be.

So its meaningless really comparing 5000 cases from 15000 tests months ago with 1000 now from 12 times that number.

As its apples and oranges.

I do happen to know some Stockport data as I looked into it to be sure the rise now was worrying.

With all the caveats above that this is from April when we had 3300 on ventilators not 60 and many times as many in hospital as now. And were only really counting those who were obviously ill.

In the three days (April 8 - 10) we now know was the height of the pandemic in the UK Stockport added 28. 30 and 20 cases per day.

There were 50,000 tests performed in the UK on those 3 days added together. That is less than a third of the number today that brought Stockport's 26 cases today.

As I say you cannot really compare as it is obvious that in April had they done ten times more tests on each of those days they would hve found a lot more asymptomatic cases in Stockport (like everywhere else in the UK) who would never have got ill enough to go into hospital.

As - hopefully- will hardly any of these cases testing positive in GM today.

Hoping with yesterday's figures being so low that some of today's are additions from then.

But, however we look at it we're not doing well in the NW

GM scoreboard

Bolton 13 - up from 8. 266 past month. 81 past week. 28 past 3 days (was 30). Pop Score 724

Bury 7 - up from 3. 129 past month. 51 past week. 20 past 3 days (was 24). Pop score 737

Manchester 33 - up from 23, 621 past month. 194 past week. 84 past 3 days (was 86)

Oldham 44 - up from 13 - highest number I have seen in GM so far. 514 past month. 200 past week (new high).
90 past 3 days (new high) (was 77) Big trouble in little Oldham. Pop score 995 (will be GMs first 1000 club member possibly tomorrow - joining only Leicester, Ashford, Blackburm and Bradford - who pipped Oldham today into the club)

Rochdale 23 - up from 4 and this town's highest in weeks too. 388 past month. 89 past week. 38 past 3 days (was 25).
Pop score 886

Salford 18 - triples from 6 to equal its high. 240 past month, 73 past week. 31 past 3 days (was 22) Pop score 600 - so no GM town left in the 400/500 club and we had several not long ago.

Stockport 26 - massive rise from 7 to yet another new high for this town which someone laughed at me on here the other day for saying had problems. In fact it smashed that previous high out of the park - 19 a week ago.
218 past month (it was below 60 and best in GM 2 or 3 weeks ago so the change has been very stark). 84 in past week - more than it had had in the previous month. 46 past 3 days (was 30 and 3 days before was 29, then 19 - so you see the sharp rise over the last few days causing a klaxon to sound here). Pop score 629

Tameside 30 - up from 5 - if anything that is an even worse jump than Stockport - and as a neighbouring borough there has to be investigation into what is happening round here. 206 past month. 82 past week. 47 past 3 days (was 34).
Pop score 760 (biggest rise in one day by any GM borough recently btw which measures how big a jump in cases this is relative to population).

Trafford 12 - up from 6. 137 past 2 weeks. 52 past week, 22 past 3 days (was 24) Pop score 631

Wigan 3 - down from 4 (feel sorry for well performing Wigan stuck with GM) 96 past month (as you see miles ahead of the rest) 28 past week. 13 past 3 days (was 13). Pop score 673

Stockport is the 2nd lowest in the whole of Greater Manchester as published in the MEN a day or 2 ago. I know for a fact there have been 20 cases at a care home in Offerton, which are probably in this 26.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.