COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
So more people have died of flu 7 weeks on the run, it's evidently clear this virus has changed or we have a lot of people immune as apparently it is more contagious and deadly than flu, yet less people are catching and dying of it.

My personal opinion is that it will turn out to be less deadly once a full review is done, but more contagious which is why so many died in a short space of time.

No one can say lockdown and social distancing explains these stats as both viruses are living under the same set of conditions and one is causing more damage than the other.

This is certainly possible. That age range data from Scotland posted earlier was fascinating as they had tested plenty in the over 45s but they were just not catching it in any great numbers. The ones who were were in the younger age ranges.

So either that is because they are self isolating more than the young or the virus has changed tack in terms of infectivity and as a result has become less deadly.

Though it was obviously less deadly than the UK data implies - andfor some time it has been apparent it is reallysub 1% because we weremissing and not counting so many untested asymptomatic cases.

This is certainly possible. That age range data from Scotland posted earlier was fascinating as they had tested plenty in the over 45s but they were just not catching it in any great numbers. The ones who were were in the younger age ranges.

So either that is because they are self isolating more than the young or the virus has changed tack in terms of infectivity and as a result has become less deadly.

Though it was obviously less deadly than the UK data implies - andfor some time it has been apparent it is reallysub 1% because we weremissing and not counting so many untested asymptomatic cases.

The Twitter thread that was posted yesterday regarding T Cells and immunity from other coronaviruses (common cold) may turn out to be right. The fact it's a new virus, with no vaccine and less people are consistently dying of it than flu, which a lot of people are vaccinated against is odd. Unless the mortality rate is something like 0.02% and almost everyone has had it then something else is stopping people from catching it and getting ill.

I dont disagree that is possible and I hope you are right and we work this out before the economy tanks and Christmas is cancelled this Winter.

They have updated againto confirm no data will be added until tomorrow.

The Twitter thread is full of people showing utter disdain over this and you can well see from reading it why telling the country to act sensibly is a tough ask.

See next page as there IS new (bad) data. They just have not added it.

Last edited:
Mmm....I found today's cases and cannot see why they have not added these - given it just means updating yesterdays numbers by typing them into a site they have not taken down so I assume is still regarded as 'safe'.

Or maybe I can.

Another big rise.

1148. and seems to be only from 129, 932 pillar 1 & 2 tests too. Though the NHS data source is hard to read exactly on this point. And in the past has ended uip being a higher number when added onto the Gov UK site so may have to rejudge that tomorrow.

But if true it results in a big rise in the % rate to about 0.9%

I can only imagine what is going on in the North West from that number but we will have to wait for the 'technical problems' to be resolved before anyone tells us I suppose.

Last edited:
That is the highest number of new cases found since 21 June btw.

And a day to day rise of 332 which must be one of the largest in recent months.

Not one for conspiracy theories but I bet plenty will spin around the technical difficulties on this day. Though Reuters have now reported the figure. So it will not be covered up.

Last edited:
More people have died from the flu for SEVEN weeks in a row now.
Seriously what is the government doing here? open things up more and get normality back!!
There subscribing to the 2nd wave doom merchants.
Open the country up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.