COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wales data - good and bad,

0 deaths. Always good news from here.

New cases double the 8 of yesterday to 15. And from significantly fewer tests today. Just 4272 instead of 6146. Jumping the % from 0.13% yesterday to just under 0.4% today.

Though still below both England and Scotland right now.

Week to week this is 3 deaths v 0 and 15 cases v 15 cases.

Last edited:
I'm always massively cautious of those reports that have infection rates that hover around 6% and I too feel that the T cell scenario isn't taken into account.
Because it is not stastical!y significant yet and needs larger scale research,antibodies are the standard measurement for reaction to infection and immunity

So the UK hospital total today is just the England one of 13.

Last two weeks it was 14 - which became 38 in all settings later.

And last week it was 8 - which became 41 after all settings were added in.

N Ireland 8 cases today with a test % of 0.13% Better figure here than of late. It was 43 cases last Thursday and 5 times that rate.

So UK cases without England today is 70. Last Thursday it was 125,

Those 125 became 950 later when England data was added.

What is your evidence to support your opinion. The Professor reminds people to take precautions like social distancing, hand sanitising etc.
Really? the evidence of constantly offering opinions as fact, the evidence of 100% of the tweets i have seen from him being overly optimistic even in the darkest days of this outbreak. We have come a long way since March but we still lag behind on so much on peer reviewed science, the T cell theory being just one example. I, you and he all know the dangers of presenting a one sided view of anything and how that influences the most easily swayed in society. We can only move as fast as our slowest person or else misinformation spreads. I get as i think Karen said that he deals in hope and there is definitely a place for that, an important place but as a medical professional talking out of his main field of expertise he should deal in facts not hope and conjecture. I don't see that as at all controversial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.