COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
At what point do we stop?

take a look at the USA stats and tell me if you see that as acceptable levels. 50k infections a day, 1500+ deaths a day.

Is that level OK to you? because if we just open up a reasonable amount then thats what we will be seeing in a couple of months.

the US has that with some lockdowns in place around the country.
No, that’s not acceptable to me.

It’s why the vulnerable still must shield.

Are you going to answer my question now and are you going to respond to my other posts?

No, that’s not acceptable to me.

It’s why the vulnerable still must shield.

Are you going to answer my question now and are you going to respond to my other posts?

I've answered all your questions. Unless your meaning do you get an apology for the Daily mail link. which isn't worth answering.

Yesterdays 1129 were from 184,444 tests (167, 983 were pillar 1 & 2 from which new cases derive)

Todays much higher number from even fewer at 169, 857 tests ( and just 159, 433 of the key pillar 1 & 2 today)

So no excuses for today's number. It is really concerning. And likey the GM council comments today react to it locally.

% wise that is just under 0.7% yesterday rising today to 0.9% today. I think that is the highest UK ratio yet.

Last edited:
Who will it be transmitted to?

What’s the alternative, we just stop educating the next generation and further job losses because there’s a virus that’s currently killing less people than the flu?
You understand the case mortality rate is not the only measure of the impact of the virus, right?

And even that, which is a poor measure of the public health (and economic) impact of any disease, is significantly lower than it otherwise would be due the measures taken, however flawed, to reduce the rate of transmission and thus the case rate?

Also, I think it is important to point out that public health is *not* separate from the economy. They are irrevocably intertwined.

Allowing the virus to run rampant, with little-to-no mitigation would have caused economic destruction, as well.

There is plenty of current and historical evidence to show this to be true. As well as strong evidence that communities that took immediate, drastic, but science-based action to reduce transmission of diseases and mitigate economic impact recovered much faster than communities that took little-to-no action to reduce impacts to public health for fear of the economic impacts.

Why something so serious is jovial to you is beyond me.

What are you on about? Of course it's serious how am I jovial? I know I'd rather remain positive than sit in my house convincing myself everyones going to die. Fact of the matter almost every single prediction about how bad this was going to be and how millions in the UK would die was wrong. Barely anyone is dying because of it what is there not to be optimistic about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.