COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty sure that is not anyone’s attitudes. The vulnerable have been advised to shield from day one of this and I don’t see this changing any time soon. The issue at the moment is the vulnerable are shielding and making their own decisions based on what they they think the risk level is to them.

All those not classed as vulnerable are also being impacted massively and are losing jobs, which may lead to losing houses and serious financial issues etc. Both groups of people are being impacted and need to be considered. The high risk can protect themselves by shielding and following guidance, the non-vulnerable have no option as their jobs are being destroyed who is looking out for them?
To me that's valuing someone having a new car against someone's life. There are many vulnerable who only find out they are vulnerable when they contract Covid 19. I might sound a bit rabid but tonight one neighbour is entertaining 2 daughters and their partners to a meal in their back garden and on the other side they are going ahead with a party for the mum tomorrow again with 2 daughters and families. To many the government's restriction on families meeting in gardens made no sense against opening pubs etc but this just proves the regulation. Later tonight the 3 households next door will move inside as it gets colder, then 2m separation etc will not happen. The few risking the freedoms of the many by selfish behaviour.

How can you worry about what other people do?, you cannot control it.
Worry about yourself. Take whatever measures you think appropriate to yourself.
I love a drink in the pub so I go to pub.
Some people in this thread have said they go to 2 different pubs for a drink of a night out, I don't, to me that is doubling the risk. But at the end of the day it is their choice.
Each to their own, as long as they keep within the law.

I'm concerned now that the govt are starting to bracket the over 50s into the vulnerable section. If our age group had to isolate, that would mean both me and my boss leaving work and the company would fold with the click of the fingers. It's nuts I tell ya, nuts!

There‘s quite a few reports about thousands of people rushing back off holiday in an effort to avoid the mandatory fourteen day quarantine. It seems silly as those who have just come in from France could still be carrying the virus. Surely it makes more sense to order everyone to quarantine immediately?

This sticks out on the BBC report:

‘Mr Wells is a teacher and his wife a local government worker, and felt they should cut their holiday short to avoid having to quarantine as they are key workers.’

At the very least you would hope these people get tested before they return to work.

Up to 1400 cases a day now. Only a matter of time till pubs are closed again I think.
Numbers of cases, as a single measure, is an absolutely pointless guide. It needs to be looked at with hospitalisations and deaths. The UCL symptom data is being used to inform where more testing needs to be done and, surprisingly enough, if you find hot spots and you test more people there, there will be more cases found. Leicester hospitalisation and deaths, both down from the ’peak hot spot’ should tell us that ‘new cases’ is not really telling us anything. When we were down to lowish 3 figure cases, UCL and the ONS survey always had the number much higher. Nothing’s changed only that the testing has got much more focussed on where virus cases are likely to be and the 3 lots of data are converging.
Now, if the UCL data, next Thursday, suggested that there were 10000 cases a day, then that might be different. Then again, as over 92% of deaths have happened in people with at least one serious underlying health problem and the vast majority of people who sadly died were over 80, targeted isolation is probably the way to go.

Wales data first up today

27 new cases (a rise from 18 yesterday and 19 last Saturday) from 5733 tets so about 0.5% - a rise on recent days. But less than elsewhere.

Sadly 1 death too (there was 1 last Saturday).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.