COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
im not sure but don’t think there’s a test yet that can isolate Covid 19 so I think he just tested for any strain of corona virus which a lot of us carry
Just think it’s misleading the public to be telling them this man died due to Covid 19 and wrong that cases like this get added to the figures were using to see how we’re affected and are safe to not be locked down,
There has test for six months,you might be thinking of antibody testing,if he was tested positive for covid then he had covid,the son needs to isolate and get tested,this is just another way to find new cases ,we need to know them,be interested if you know if the son has been tested ?

im not sure but don’t think there’s a test yet that can isolate Covid 19 so I think he just tested for any strain of corona virus which a lot of us carry
Just think it’s misleading the public to be telling them this man died due to Covid 19 and wrong that cases like this get added to the figures were using to see how we’re affected and are safe to not be locked down,
There is a test,has been for about nine months,if he tested positive then he had it

This is the standard of UK journalism. Sadly.

The Telegraph just reported quote: 'A further 18 have died after testing positive in the last 24 hours'.

Um that is complete rubbish.

Today's hospital death stats end more than 24 hours ago and at most 2 of the 6 English ones died in the 24 hours before that. Several we know died more than 2 or 3 days ago.

And I suspect it is very unlikely many of the others in the 18 literally died yesterday let alone the last 24 hours.

And likely impossible any of them tested positive in the last hours of their lives

It is misleading reporting of the data like that which made me search for and record the actual facts.

Of course, I assume they meant to write 'A further 18 who tested positive have died in the last 24 hours'. Even that is not correct but it is less wrong than what they wrote.

Its so easy to create any impression you want when you write something without thinking it through. We all do it but when directing the public about the facts of a pandemic via the national media some degree of accuracy is needed.

The Telegraph just reported quote: 'A further 18 have died after testing positive in the last 24 hours'.

Today's hospital death stats end more than 24 hours ago and at most 2 of the 6 English ones died in the 24 hours before that. Several we know died more than 2 or 3 days ago.

And I suspect it is very unlikely many of the others in the 18 literally died yesterday let alone the last 24 hours.

And likely impossible any of them tested positive in the last hours of their lives

It is misleading reporting of the data like that which made me search for and record the actual facts.

Of course, I assume they meant to write 'A further 18 who tested positive have died in the last 24 hours'. Even that is not correct but it is less wrong than what they wrote.

Its so easy to create any impression you want when you write something without thinking it through. We all do it but when directing the public about the facts of a pandemic via the national media some degree of accuracy is needed.
Why let the facts get in the way of a good story, you don't get as many clicks that way

The media in the UK is a disgrace.

Not to trivialise those who have passed away but the CAS case involving City has proven it to all blues.

Politicians like to control and out of all this control is the one thing theyve got, and loads of it. Telling us who we can see, where we can go , how we spend our money .. etc etc etc

youre right , people are feared. Feared of a virus that isnt any where near as bad as cracked on, feared of upsetting others.

Divide and Conquer springs to mind
I have to disagree here I dont post much on this thread but my mrs is a hca and at the peak in april in May she was working on the corona wards seeing 5 deaths plus a week on a ward of 14

Ok it was older people dying but its someone's mam dad uncle etc

Lockdown got that under control and most people who didn't get affected by it or saw what covid can do if it spirals out of control like it did back then are moaning now

Its under control now but back then pretty much all the wards were corona and there was fuck all ppe which makes it obvious why there was no rules on ppe in shops etc as it was needed for the wards

I understand your viewpoint and can see why you have it, but if you were affected by it back in April you would see it alot differently. My mrs was dreaming about dead bodies cause of the shit she saw due to this virus and I'm just thankful the majority of you never saw it cause if you did you wouldn't be saying this

I have to disagree here I dont post much on this thread but my mrs is a hca and at the peak in april in May she was working on the corona wards seeing 5 deaths plus a week on a ward of 14

Lockdown got that under control and most people who didn't get affected by it or saw what covid can do if it spirals out of control like it did back then are moaning now

Its under control now but back then pretty much all the wards were corona and there was fuck all ppe which makes it obvious why there was no rules on ppe in shops etc as it was needed for the wards

I understand your viewpoint and can see why you have it, but if you were affected by it back in April you would see it alot differently. My mrs was dreaming about dead bodies cause of the shit she saw due to this virus and I'm just thankful the majority of you never saw it cause if you did you wouldn't be saying this
That's difficult.

I follow the reports in the MEN and on the Gov.uk site and I've noticed in the last week that although the local no.s of reported cases have picked up, this time hospitalisations have not gone up. In time though you'd think that if increasing numbers of young people get ill, it will spread to vulnerable groups. So far that has not happened.

I am waiting on a vaccine being approved. The Chinese are apparently using their vaccine relatively widely...

One of their state officials has said on their TV that, " The aim is to boost the immunity of specific groups of people, including medical workers and those who work at food markets and in the transportation and service sectors." In other words the vaccine that was being used on their army is now being used increasingly domestically.

We of course need a vaccine that has gone through testing and has the confidence of everyone so it's widely taen but perhaps this is part of the process? Whatever, a vaccine seems to be getting ever closer.

That's difficult.

I follow the reports in the MEN and on the Gov.uk site and I've noticed in the last week that although the local no.s of reported cases have picked up, this time hospitalisations have not gone up. In time though you'd think that if increasing numbers of young people get ill, it will spread to vulnerable groups. So far that has not happened.

I am waiting on a vaccine being approved. The Chinese are apparently using their vaccine relatively widely...

One of their state officials has said on their TV that, " The aim is to boost the immunity of specific groups of people, including medical workers and those who work at food markets and in the transportation and service sectors." In other words the vaccine that was being used on their army is now being used increasingly domestically.

We of course need a vaccine that has gone through testing and has the confidence of everyone so it's widely taen but perhaps this is part of the process? Whatever, a vaccine seems to be getting ever closer.
Yes hope the virus has either mutated less severe or its the younger ones getting it now who don't need hospital treatment. Either way we shouldn't have to see scenes like we did back in April and May. Fingers crossed!

Your Mrs is a great person by the way, you should be proud of her.

Your Mrs is a great person by the way, you should be proud of her.
Shes NHS mate didn't give it a second thought she went to do what she had to do. Her worst worry through all the shit she saw was that she was going to catch the virus and pass it on to me and our 3 kids. Thankfully she never did but some of the shit she saw aint worth 17k a year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.