COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not just the number of new cases in Spain that caught my eye but 184 new deaths as well. That seems very high considering there’s talk of better treatment compared to a few months ago.

Yeah it was a significant leap when deaths have been relatively low recently. Also I think I read in Madrid hospital capacity is 15% covid patients which is getting dangerously high too.

I think we're getting to the tip of the second wave here and they'll be some fairly strong local lockdown measures in a number of places.

Interesting to see reports saying lots more under 40s getting it.

Just been for a drive around town 5 ambulances in half an hour. I have never seen as many ambulances as this last 6 months. It is still very much here.
Hospitalisations of Covid patients are very low both locally and nationally.

It is still here but it's in young hosts. Still a danger it will spread from young to old.

Keep an eye on France where they have the same set-up (rising cases but low severity of illness) but much more pronounced:

New_cases.png

New_deaths.png

I saw a theory on the BBC this morning that ultra-sensitive testing is exagerating the number of new cases by picking up dead virus but I don't see how that explains an increasing trend.

I think Mancunians should be wary of students returning to Manchester at the end of the month. It wont definitely create a problem but it might. They are the population who have most social contacts, and low levels of fear.

When you look at those French graphs it really is amazing. It has attracted some comment but not enough. Will the French deaths start to rise? If they stay flat, then they can stay flat here too. Sadly I think they will increase. It will take a few legs of transmission and then infection in the old will spread to the old.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.