COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello bud, Crantock, Perranporth, Perran Sands, Wipsiddery Bay. Pentire. Cornwall's fantastic (unless it's raining - then it's shite!).

Know a few of them (we usually base at St Agnes). The North Coast can be breathtaking. It rained a bit when we were there...but when that glorious blue sky hits Cornwall it's absolutely lush...

Thanks mate.

It really is tough. And just as those friends and family were getting on again after being polarised due to Brexit, this has once again drive a splintered wedge between many.
It's been a breathless start, trying to ensure children, staff follow procedures whilst trying, somehow to get the learning process back up and running. It is only the first full week, so I am sure things will become smoother, but I did feel at the end of today that I'd ran several thousand yards. And gone precisely nowhere.

Know a few of them (we usually base at St Agnes). The North Coast can be breathtaking. It rained a bit when we were there...but when that glorious blue sky hits Cornwall it's absolutely lush...

Thanks mate.
We did a morning at St. Agnes. Great little inlet and we caught some fantastic waves. Anyway, this is all getting a bit Judith Chalmers!

NINTCHDBPICT000429402674.jpg

More overcast than rain, but one gets the point...

Business etc will have to adhere but there is not a chance people will do this in open spaces.

It was inevitable that we’d see some sort of an increase given we have essentially reopened the nation.

But this is a Tory government. The chances of further mass lockdown are slim to zero.

Track, test and trace.

There's been some suggestion today that the August bank holiday is partly responsible for the current spike, which makes some sense.

The weather was pretty cool and miserable, and it's a weekend that many families/groups like to meet up, if a good weekend weather wise, people would be having BBQ's and spending a lot of time outdoors, but the weather probably meant there were lots of indoor meet ups, and the biggest reason for the rise at the moment seems to be indoor meetings (there was no spike when certain beaches were rammed earlier in the summer, and even at the various protests/celebrations etc).

We just received the following details about a child with the virus in an email from our children's school. I cannot believe how irresponsible (or maybe just thick) the parents are. They deserve to be prosecuted in my opinion.

"The student in question was unwell at the end of the summer holiday and the family requested a test at home kit. They completed this and sent it off, in the meantime the student attended School on Friday 4 September and Monday 7 September. During Monday, the student visited the medical room but did not disclose that he had been tested or had been unwell previously. On the evening of Monday 7 September the family were informed the test was positive."
This kind of behaviour really fucks me off. If you think you may have it, get tested and FFS isolate until you get the results. I've heard about dickheads going for tests cos they've been in a pub where there's been an outbreak then they've gone straight for a coffee with their mates. What's wrong with these fuckwits!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.