COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
These new lockdown rules don’t really change much for us folk in greater Manchester do they ?

except can’t go on a protest march ?

They don't really change much for anyone. Gatherings of six were already illegal but the police only had power to intervene if the group size was 30+. Now the police can act when gatherings are over 6 people. The rules are pretty much as they were though. Smacks of being seen to be doing something without doing much at all.

They've massively dropped the ball on testing. This probably happened around the time they decided to stop publishing numbers on it.

All in all it seems a pretty tepid response. Clamping down on outdoor gatherings but continuing to encourage people indoors seems crazy. I'd much rather sit in a park with 7 friends than sit in a pub with 5.

Oxford vaccine trials have been halted due to possible adverse reaction in volunteers to vaccine.

Oxford vaccine trials have been halted due to possible adverse reaction in volunteers to vaccine.
Read that but also said it's routine for this to happen during trials and that it's actually the 2nd time they have had to do it for this vaccine trial. Also, isn't it just the 1 participant not "volunteers"?

I work in a school and we are aware that many classes across the country have been sent home and told to isolate.
We are having a brief this afternoon to explain strategies for our school if things get worse.

They don't really change much for anyone. Gatherings of six were already illegal but the police only had power to intervene if the group size was 30+. Now the police can act when gatherings are over 6 people. The rules are pretty much as they were though. Smacks of being seen to be doing something without doing much at all.

They've massively dropped the ball on testing. This probably happened around the time they decided to stop publishing numbers on it.

All in all it seems a pretty tepid response. Clamping down on outdoor gatherings but continuing to encourage people indoors seems crazy. I'd much rather sit in a park with 7 friends than sit in a pub with 5.

This is so true. Especially as the temperatures get lower and people are less likely to meet outdoors anyway.

Also have to laugh that it's fine to sit in a pub full of strangers as long as your group is no bigger than 5 people...

There will be a huge spike with schools, my daughter who is 7 came home with full blown cold yesterday picked up after only 1 week back, she’s not had anything since March. If the virus is that contagious they’ll be bringing into a house near you soon, no way they can stop it.

There will be a huge spike with schools, my daughter who is 7 came home with full blown cold yesterday picked up after only 1 week back, she’s not had anything since March. If the virus is that contagious they’ll be bringing into a house near you soon, no way they can stop it.
i think the common cold has an R0 roughly double of covid. Just for context. but yeah i mean kids are definitely going to pass things around to each other, that's standard.

First UK death confirmed of COVID in December. So very likely those that thought they had it in December or January may well have done. Puts that argument as to when it was first here to rest.
The Sun eh?
Well that’s reliable isn’t it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.