COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again that's not specifically the young when usi g your own eyes are you ignoring raves, ER protests, BLM protests, Street parties etc I accept there are spreads going about normal life across all ages but the afformentioned is predominantly the young.

Yet there wasn't a spike during the summer rave season or after the BLM protests. The spike has occurred after we've started opening up the economy.

Yet there wasn't a spike during the summer rave season or after the BLM protests. The spike has occurred after we've started opening up the economy.

There are house parties going on all the time. The people who live behind my house in the next street hold parties regularly. The raves and protests were outside where it is harder to transfer the virus but they may have slowed the reduction in the prevalence of the virus.

Yes, I haven’t seen may young people in pubs apart from the bar staff. The pubs I have been in insist on social distancing but clearly that isn’t the case in other areas.

It's a week tomorrow since ordered a test - didn't come out until Saturday afternoon - couldn't perform it until Monday morning - still waiting for results on a text or email.
It won't be representative since for starters I'm in Scotland but I ordered on the 2nd, it arrived early enough via Amazon to get it done for last post on the 3rd & my result arrived on the 8th via email & text.

Mine was negative which does't help with me still feeling crap so I've not got 100% faith in it TBH.

in the 3 months 28 May to 26 August, in England, 73,553 people test positive for coronavirus (by specimen date);

36,591 (49.7%) were 0 - 39 [2.28m tests @ 1.6% +ve]
36,792 (50%) were 40+ [2.52m tests @ 1.5% +ve]

(unsure on the small totalling error)

sadly this data is released in batches i think, and this only goes to 26 August. I do think this will now be shifting more towards those < 40 and we will see that in a further release i predict. But to claim it's all 20 year olds at parties is disingenuous.

you realise the incubation time for the covid19 virus is up to 2 weeks
the uptick in cases started in the first week in june, indicating increased infections were from contacts in mid may.

I do not doubt the increase is partly driven by the opening of the economy, but is also partly driven by mass protests and illegal raves and house parties.

Please also consider that in the early raves and house parties there would have been a low infection rate but that would have increased exponentially in the later raves and house parties, because people that attend multiple events.
For example at rave number one a single asymptomatic carrier infects 10 people.
At rave number two half (5) of those infected people attend again and infect 10 more people each (thats 50 people)
At rave number three half (25) of those infected attend and infect 10 more people each (thats 250 people)
and on and on and on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.