COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
38k infections, between 8-20 deaths a day where it may have been a factor and we are talking about locking down. Even on a bad day the infection to mortality rate is 0.05%. Ridiculous.
Would you feel the same if one of the 8 to 20 deaths was a member of your family? Try walking up to one of your family members and saying "You know what its protecting you and others like you that's fucking with my life and me enjoying myself so just get over it and piss off". Bet you will not do it.

38k infections, between 8-20 deaths a day where it may have been a factor and we are talking about locking down. Even on a bad day the infection to mortality rate is 0.05%. Ridiculous.

You must remember what April and May were like? People dying in their thousands and the NHS at breaking point. These lockdowns aren't being advised on the basis that we will continue at 8-20 deaths a day. They are being advised on the basis that we're seeing an exponential growth in cases and Chris Whitty believes our hospitals could be overwhelmed again in a few weeks like they were the last time we didn't lock down soon enough.

I don't want another lockdown, but the government haven't used their time or resources very well in helping us to avoid one. They're still encouraging needless activity, have failed to implement test and trace effectively and have allowed the testing system to collapse. These things had to happen alongside us reopening schools and the hospitality sector. Very much doubt they'll get public buy in for any further lockdowns now anyway given their messaging has shown itself to be highly inconsistent and hypocritical at times. They will of course encourage us to blame eachother when that happens though. Blame the young, blame ethnic minorities, blame anyone except them.

Would you feel the same if one of the 8 to 20 deaths was a member of your family? Try walking up to one of your family members and saying "You know what its protecting you and others like you that's fucking with my life and me enjoying myself so just get over it and piss off". Bet you will not do it.

No I would be gutted, but everyone dies at some point it's not exclusive to covid. Everyone has become that obsessed with this thing that all perspective has gone. It's nowhere near the biggest killer in the country at the moment. If it starts to escalate out of control then yes take more measures, but it's clearly not out of control.

but it’s takes 2-3 weeks before we really see the outcome of this high infection rate, I prey you’re right and death toll can remain low.

If it starts to escalate out of control then yes take more measures, but it's clearly not out of control.

Why let it get to that point? Surely a level of pro activity should be something to support?

As a species, we need to stop this attitude of 'lets do something when shits about to hit the fan completely' it's loony.

You have to live with the virus its is the only way forward.

Trust me the virus will be with all of us for many months to come and breaks will occur for many months to come at differing levels.

if you cannot protect the elderly and vulnerable with proper protocols then vote out the government at the next election or get your local to pass a motion of no confidence in them but don't kill far more lives and livelihoods in the name of fear and ideological overreach.

Lock downs don't work that is obvious in terms of flattening the curve for too long it just kicks the can down the road.

Eventually you have to return to a " COVID Normal " and the sooner the better .

Look ant South Korea and Taiwan as good examples and follow their lead.

If you want to look at a prime of example of what not to do you only have to look at Melbourne albeit headed up politically by a sociopathic nutter who has failed miserably at every turn to do the obvious despite all the good advice he has received.

Why let it get to that point? Surely a level of pro activity should be something to support?

As a species, we need to stop this attitude of 'lets do something when shits about to hit the fan completely' it's loony.
Exactly once it's escalated it takes another 4/5 weeks to start to get under control.

Personally I don't know what the answer is but the infrastructure that hasn't been properly put in while we had time over the summer is going to bite us all in the arse over winter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.