COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Todays 14 England hospital deaths were aged between 41 and 93. All had known underlying health problems but you will notice that from weeks when they were almost all over 60 a few younger deaths have started to creep in this week too. And ones without known conditions have popped up, though still rarely. As numbers rise both these things will be less rare.

The Northern Ireland data should convince any doubters in here. Two deaths. They had zero deaths for months until very recently. Now they are coming every few days.

Also 163 cases at 3.8%. Highest here I have seen and probably where the true figure is in England by now.

Moreover the rolling weekly average is a new record of 763.

And worse still 21 in hospital but now 4 on ventilators - highest here since 15 June.

As I told you in a post yesterday these dates will keep on slipping backwards as we go up the curve.

If we get anywhere near to April numbers we are in big trouble. So action to slow this down is now inevitable.

So on this bleak day and for the first time since I do not recall but a while all four nations had at least one death today. That too sadly will become the norm unfortunately not a rarity.

So 18 UK hospital deaths today. Versus 9 last Friday.

That became 6 under all settings but the numbers have been rising of late out of hospital (home deaths and care home deaths). So not expecting that today.

Cases for the three nations are 551 versus 396 this time last week.

The %rates have risen from 1.5% to 1.8% in Wales. 1.1% to 3.8% in N Ireland. And 2.7% to 4.4% in Scotland.

No wonder seeing those numbers there will be panic in government today.

Last week England added 3143 cases to take us to 3589. I will be surprised if we do not top 4000 today and if we do escape that it may well be because of the bodged testing strategy.

Not looking forward to the GM picture.

Northern Ireland health Minister says there are 27 ongoing outbreaks in this tiny province that had about 3 people in hospital, nobody on ventilators and zero deaths across most of the Summer.

And has warned they are 'on a knife edge' and a nation wide lockdown may be necessary unless people respond.

So on this bleak day and for the first time since I do not recall but a while all four nations had at least one death today. That too sadly will become the norm unfortunately not a rarity.

Don't be too despondent we have had deaths every day for the past 4 months in one city namely Melbourne Australia as is the case in many cities throughout the world.

Over half the infections come from USA , Brazil and India in the past 30 days but they all attempt to live life as normally as possible.

We have been in lockdown longer than any other place on this planet to date and have another 6 weeks of this rubbish to put up with.

Far more though from other diseases and I mean far more but you won't here the media crowing about them.

Thank you for the kind concern. I have family in Melbourne and know the problems there. And I am not despondant. Just realistic. Certainly do not want another lockdown as we will be paying for it forever if we do. But there are limited things you can do when numbers start rising with six months of Winter still to come. At least in Australia they have Summer weather due to mitigate things. And by winter over there we will hopefully have a vaccine. So they could be over the worst whereas we are on the edge of a cliff and could fall over or get pulled back. And right now it is unsure which way we will tip.

Thank you. I have family in Melbourne and know the problems there. And I am not despondant. Just realistic. Certainly do not want another lockdown as we will be paying for it forever if we do. But there are limited things you can do when numbers start rising with six months of Winter still to come. At least in Australia they have Summer weather due to mitigate things. And by winter then we will hopefully have a vaccine. So they could be over the worst wherea we are on the edge of a cliff and could fall over or get pulled back. And right now it is unsure which way we will tip.

I wouldn't bank on a vaccine any time soon if at all as we are yet to develop an effective vaccine to corona viruses.

The good news is this virus can be treated with much reduced risk of serious consequences if you get to it early enough in those that are most at risk namely those with respiratory comorbid frailties.

One of the disadvantages is that for many mostly the under 40's you can have and spread the virus without knowing you have it such is the nature and for the vast majority that show symptoms they are mild even milder than the common cold.

It will eventually like all of them die a natural death.

I think just using common sense by socially distancing and sanitization should limit the spread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.