COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
All this has had a massive impact on my health last few months.
I'm in my 40s and have been signed off with stress and anxiety for 3 weeks.
Some days I've been suicidal. Doesn't seen anything to look forward to at all.
I'm getting some help but its fucking hard.

Stay strong pal, speak up and talk to someone just like you are. There is no shame at all in feeling low. Never is it more true than to say a problem shared is a problem halved. Things will get better!

I'm pleased that you have sought help. For any other readers, i'd like to use the opportunity to say that sometimes posts can be made from an anxious state of mind and even if we don't necessarily always agree - it is very important where possible to try and be kind to others. You never know who is sat behind the screen or what they are feeling. Obviously provocative posts with terms like "sheeple" and "cult" should be ignored but just try to keep the rest in mind.

Sorry to hear that mate sounds absolutely shit. Not sure on your circumstances but people swear that exercise and a healthy diet which gives you something to focus on is the best thing to do when struggling with depression or anxiety. Might not work for you but it might be worth a go.

My 13-year-old lad broke down crying today when he got home.

He's was told someone has tested positive in his side of the year eight bubble and he must self-isolate for 14 days at home.

Six months off school and he was so happy to be back, having missed so much of his first year at secondary school.

That's 96 kids on his side all being told they could not get the bus or tram home and needed to ring someone urgently to collect them. Kids in tears and panicking. He's at a grammar and some of these pupils come from miles around to go there (another debate)

It was inevitable and back to learning on Microsoft teams - he can cope with it but missing out on the social aspect and deeper understanding of his subject matter, certainly when it has come to sciences and experiments.

Poor kid is crestfallen and is just another casualty of those people who couldn't give a fuck and spread this disease around from the pubs to the parks.

No symptoms and hoping desperately he will be okay.

really feel sorry for the kids in all this.

I absolutely do empathise. My little girl seems to have some sort of OCD thing going on these last few months.

We're letting it slide at the moment but she is doing certain tasks which are clearly her trying to maintain control and making her feel safe.

Just keep talking mate. This generation of kids have become independent learners way before their usual time.

The son of some friends of ours has also started to have OCD issues. Our daughter developed a stutter as well during lockdown which she still has at times.

I think that there will be plenty of people coming out of this with some issues.

Hope things improve soon mate.

At least the blues are 2 up at the minute but as I always tell my old man we are not safe unless we are 4 up with 5 minutes to play and even then we may still draw.

but weve been told herd immunity is only reached at 60 to 70%. And whats that got to do with population density? Are you saying when 20% is reached covid is less deadly?
Population density determines how many people you generally meet in a day and the number of possible virus transmission episodes in a day.
It's not rocket engineering its basic population probability mathematics/statistics that I did for my day job for 4 years with The ONS in Titchfield.

Population density determines how many people you generally meet in a day and the number of possible virus transmission episodes in a day.
It's not rocket engineering its basic population probability mathematics/statistics that I did for my day job for 4 years with The ONS in Titchfield.

Sorry mate so in less dense areas the herd immunity level can be less to kill it off??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.