COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I said yesterday, for all her so called "better" approach, she's in the exactly same place as Boris is, with cases, hospitalisations, ICU, and deaths rising in much the same way, so whatever better approach there's been, it's made no difference over 6 months, as she's having to reintroduce the same measures as England.

Hope your not suggesting that a left wing government is having exactly the same trouble, issues and results as a right wing government is?

We get told how it would all be so different with a different government in charge?

Apologies for the politics but couldn't resist ;-)

Lots of experts in the field also think it's down to lesser viral loads too, not just treatments. People are catching 'a bit' of it due to distancing/increased hygiene. I think if people keep up trying to distance even a bit, and maintain hygiene, then that should help too.
I don't know about this viral load argument. It seems plausible, but I really don't know.

What is f***ing obvious however is that you catch this thing by ingesting virus through your nose and mouth, and you get it into your nose and mouth by either inhaling it, or by getting your hands contaminated and touching your nose or mouth.

If everyone wears a face mask then (a) you don't inhale other peoples' coughed up mucus and (b) surfaces have got less virus on them because infected people are not coughing virus onto their hands and spreading it that way. Also, you don't put you hand in your own mouth when you have your own mask on.

So universal mask-wearing, on it's own, makes a HUGE difference. This has always been the case and it's shameful that we never drove this point home right from the beginning. The best thing the government could do would be to rigorously enforce - with the threat of very severe fines or imprisonment - everyone to wear a mask in public, and especially when indoors.

Anyone choosing to wilfully ignore the rules should be punished severely so as to make an example of them. Noel Gallagher - for whom a £10k fine means nothing - should be given 6 months in prison, for example. This is not a game. Other reckless behaviour which endangers the lives of others can result in custodial sentences, and so should this.

I don't know about this viral load argument. It seems plausible, but I really don't know.

What is f***ing obvious however is that you catch this thing by ingesting virus through your nose and mouth, and you get it into your nose and mouth by either inhaling it, or by getting your hands contaminated and touching your nose or mouth.

If everyone wears a face mask then (a) you don't inhale other peoples' coughed up mucus and (b) surfaces have got less virus on them because infected people are not coughing virus onto their hands and spreading it that way. Also, you don't put you hand in your own mouth when you have your own mask on.

So universal mask-wearing, on it's own, makes a HUGE difference. This has always been the case and it's shameful that we never drove this point home right from the beginning. The best thing the government could do would be to rigorously enforce - with the threat of very severe fines or imprisonment - everyone to wear a mask in public, and especially when indoors. Anyone choosing to wilfully ignore the rules should be punished severely so as to make an example of them. Noel Gallagher - for whom a £10k fine means nothing - should be given 6 months in prison, for example.

Even I think that's OTT.

Vallance in April stated that we could have 500000 deaths, that's enough for me to say sack him. Clueless.
It's a novel coronavirus. We are by definition to some degree clueless.

Back in Jan 2020 our knowledge was minimal. At least Vallance had the political courage to in the beginning discuss strategy openly.

which ones? If you'd had Boris platform to make the announcement last night, what would you have done?

I don't think he needed to put any more restrictions in. I think sports should be allowed a crowd, how is a few hundred people stood outside at a non league game a risk? Restaurants closing at 10pm, what's the point? Those extra restrictions last night will make zero difference.

Also saying these will be in place for 6 months, this shouldn't be the case it should be reviewed every week or 2.

Just when you thought people couldn't be any thicker...

Franklin Graham (son of Bible-thumper Billy) has organised a 200,000 people prayer march on the Washington Monument for Sept 26.

Apparently prayer and God will deliver us all from this. Funnily enough, Trump says it can go ahead.

Vallance in April stated that we could have 500000 deaths, that's enough for me to say sack him. Clueless.

It wasn't Vallance that said it, it was Neil Ferguson and his models that were based on zero mitigation or suppression of the virus.

and wouldn't have taken the age variance fully into consideration as it wasn't a know thing back then.

But all in all, if ( dont know if it did mind you ) his model was based on a 2/3 year cycle ( Spanish flu was 3 years ) then 500k would have easily been hit, even with the age variance if there was zero suppression or mitigation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.