COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone just told me 9 out of 10 positive cases in the community are false. Is this bollocks or not?

I heard Julia Hartlet-Brewer or whatever she's called say the same.

I doubt that very much. If it was, I’m pretty sure the government and scientists would be aware of it

As for Hartley-Brewer. I’ve no time for her whatsoever and is often shown up by people who know what they are talking about on social media - TalkRadio is awful

I don't agree with that at all. Less affluent areas have to put up with scally twats who act like pricks (and others, but i'm picking on them tonight), making a mess everywhere, driving like cunts etc, but the vast majority of people care deeply about their surroundings and do their best to make it alright. They just aren't lucky enough to live where the knobheads don't.

yeah exactly, the middle classes care more than the scally twats you mention.

yeah exactly, the middle classes care more than the scally twats you mention.
People who own stuff tend to care more about it. People who are in social housing or renting tend to not care so much, often taking a cue from their landlords who have a similarly don-t-give-a-shit attitude about their property unless it's something that will cost them a lot to repair or a legal requirement.

Someone just told me 9 out of 10 positive cases in the community are false. Is this bollocks or not?

I heard Julia Hartlet-Brewer or whatever she's called say the same.
It is bollocks, although as it’s Hartley-Brewer, you shouldn’t be surprised....
Nobody really knows how accurate the test(s) are and when they involve people doing it themselves, there is a lot that can go wrong but general consensus seems to be that they’re accurate between 98 and 99.6 percent of the time.
If we go in the middle and assume they’re right 99% of the time and you have very low rates of infection, if you RANDOMLY tested 1000 people and only one actually had the virus, 9 others would also test positive. However, if infections are higher the 9 would still be false positives but would be a much smaller proportion of the total positives.

It’s madness this pub thing isn’t it.

Saying that it’s table seating only so in my local that means about 20 people can watch tv and 100 can’t! Unless the rules are ignored of course!

The pub thing has always been a symbolic move, the government is giving hospitality to pull the finger out and follow the laws now. If not, they will shut the hospitality industry down again - simple as that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.