COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kid in my step-sons school felt unwell, went for a test, and then parents let him go to school the next day. It was during the day that he got the txt to say he was positive...

Result: Year 11 all sent home and isolating for 2 weeks.

it’s just jaw dropping the stupidity or denial of factual reality.
The stupid parents should be named and shamed and fined and heavilly, simple as that.

We are far too soft in this country. In many european countries if you dont wear a face mask you get a straight fine of circa €150. The police here are far too soft just issuing warnings they needed to come down really heavy straight away, they were not shutting down raves and these idiots marching etc and hardly issuing any fines.

Some people are too eager to demonstrate that they haven't the brains they were born with. They moved indoors because the marquee was damaged. Wouldn't an event in a marquee be 'indoors' or do they not class 'indoors' as 'indoors' 'cos the marquee might not have had a door, rather a foldy piece of canvas?
I think a marquee is classed as outdoors so long as the sides are up i.e. you can still stay dryish if there is a roof but there must must open sides.

The stupid parents should be named and shamed and fined and heavilly, simple as that.

We are far too soft in this country. In many european countries if you dont wear a face mask you get a straight fine of circa €150. The police here are far too soft just issuing warnings they needed to come down really heavy straight away, they were not shutting down raves and these idiots marching etc and hardly issuing any fines.
Yep, this country's pusil..., pusilla....., just a pussy !

For context, Birmingham is a massive local authority - the biggest in England with a population nearly 3 times that of the City of Manchester

That is, of course, true. And why it's Pop Score is below most places in Greater Manchester - including Salford and Manchester.

I'm broom lane end of levenshulme and it's the same round here. Most people are decent, few absolute whoppers spoil it, so I'm not having that that the 'middle class' care more about where they live at all.

Levenshulme North had the most cases in Manchester (over 50) last time I looked at the map tallying up the wards a couple of days ago.

Just checked the latest and it has got worse - 104 cases in the three Levenshulme wards.

Though that map is a few days behind in its data Manchester has had over 100 cases a day since so not likely to be much lower.

It is probably just proximity to people with housing that makes spread easier that determines why certain areas look like they get singled out. And from that map most areas get bursts of cases at some point, It does not look as if social patterns drive it much more than random idiots that you can get anywhere or just luck of the draw. In an urban connurbation most places will get cases just because the numbers of people mixing there will make that inevitable.

This is a disease where the more isolated you are the safer you will be.

Last edited:
Just looking at the UAE thing and happened no notice that China seems not to be having a second wave, nor infact much at all.

I wonder if they have already rolled a vaccine out there and are about to laud it as a clear success and tell the world its ready and waiting at the right price....That would bugger Sir Patricks investment up.

Could it be that we are going to be well and truly beaten in the race for vaccines by both China and Russia?

Just looking at the UAE thing and happened no notice that China seems not to be having a second wave, nor infact much at all.

I wonder if they have already rolled a vaccine out there and are about to laud it as a clear success and tell the world its ready and waiting at the right price....That would bugger Sir Patricks investment up.

Could it be that we are going to be well and truly beaten in the race for vaccines by both China and Russia?
Probably but let's be honest here. They clearly did challenge trials and probably on unwilling subjects, China especially.

Levenshulme North had the most cases in Manchester (over 50) last time I looked at the map tallying up the wards a couple of days ago.

Just checked the latest and it has got worse - 104 cases in the three Levenshulme wards.

Though that map is a few days behind in its data Manchester has had over 100 cases a day since so not likely to be much lower.

It is probably just proximity to people with housing that makes spread easier that determines why certain areas look like they get singled out. And from that map most areas get bursts of cases at some point, It does not look as if social patterns drive it much more than random idiots that you can get anywhere or just luck of the draw. In an urban connurbation most places will get cases just because the numbers of people mixing there will make that inevitable.

This is a disease where the more isolated you are the safer you will be.
Thank you for passing on the info but honestly, it is not something I am concerned about in any way shape or form. I suspect that sort of infection level has been pretty much constant round here since Feb and we have barely lost anyone. I also know for definite that of the 3 people in my locality who have been registered as dying from covid, at least one of them did not die from covid but because his wife had that is what they put on the death certificate. I am still firmly of the opinion that we are not in a second wave and the very slight increase in numbers when put into their proper context are not of major concern. The report out today suggesting that up to 10k people more than normal have died at home since June because they were too scared to go to hospital is significantly more worrying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.