COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
High positive tests but lowish hospital admissions. Does this suggest that many more had it earlier on than has been suggested, or am I reading to much into it ?
I know the death total is collected in a different way now but hospital admissions will still be a true critical indication to seriousness of the recent spike.

High positive tests but lowish hospital admissions. Does this suggest that many more had it earlier on than has been suggested, or am I reading to much into it ?
I know the death total is collected in a different way now but hospital admissions will still be a true critical indication to seriousness of the recent spike.

Someone pointed out we had a pretty good flu season in terms of deaths last winter. Sounds like covid came in at the last minute and infected those who may not have normally made it through the winter.

No way of knowing.
There almost certainly were more who had it, but trying to retrospectively predict the infected numbers from March/April it using September ratios of cases/admissions is never going to produce anything that bears even light scrutiny.

Two contrasting stories that show the extremes of optimism and pesimism on this subject.

A French scientist says the second wave across the channel is worse and arrived earlier and faster than expected and without drastic action months of serious problems will follow.

Meanwhile in Scotland a 63 year old man who four times had his family called in to say their goodbyes in the hospital icu when on a ventilator has been discharged from hospital after spending a record 172 days (nearly six months) in intensive care with Covid.

Bit like this thread some days but out there in the world beyond BM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.