COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure the doses are there, kaz. Having asthma I'm usually on the freebie list, 10 days ago I got a text from the local health centre asking if I wanted a flu jab as supplies were "limited". I replied that I did but still haven't received any appointment details.
My wife has asthma and gets one every year, but this year it just looked like she was so far down the list due to being young that she wouldn't get one until halfway through flu season. So instead I just got her booked in at Boots for one, sure it's £14, but I'd rather pay that than not have her have a jab until mid November (which looked like the earliest she might get here free one)

At Boots, they've been short on doses so kept telling me to try again next week, then on the third attempt I was able to book her in for later that day.

Infections in Scotland today

166 aged 65+
32 of whom are 85+

77 aged under 15
22 of whom are under 5

179 aged 15-24

701 aged 25-64

1x death was in the 75-84 age range.
That is starting to nudge up to 20% over 65 which is worrying given it was a under half that a few weeks ago.

Here are the current worst infected areas in England on the latest watch list. With its weekly Pop score.

Blackburn 730

Rossendale 640

Knowsley 615

Oldham 592

Rochdale 570

Salford 567

Wigan 561

Liverpool 544

Every one in the NW. The others are in Northern Ireland.

This data is a few days old as usual but last night on here i posted the weekly Pop Scores for all GM boroughs to compare. That list includes the past few days data too.

I flagged up the Blackburn and Rossendale numbers in my recent reports as they were startling.

Currently only Bury 511 Manchester 505 Tameside 486 Trafford 431 and Stockport 376 would not be on the updated list by numbers I suspect.

Bolton on the date of the data above was just below Liverpool but is now at 562 so would be on there. Wigan in those days has moved up to 628 and would be higher. Probably above Knowsley which has had several goodish days since the date of that list whereas Wigan added 31 points yesterday alone.

Rochdale went up to over 600 but has fallen back in those few days to be 580. Salford has slowly edged up above it to 591.

But Oldham has escalated upward to 644. So will be challenging for the top.

Just as Manchester has slipped off with low Pop Score rises lately Liverpool has had a good few days and might not be on the list next time it appears.

Does anyone have the figure for total number of people still furloughed as of today? I’ve only been able to find cumulative figures from when the scheme began.

furlough ends this week, what sort of uptick in redundancies are we looking at?

You never had a point to miss
My point was the obese in the country are and always have been a huge drain on the NHS, not just this year, they cost millions if not billions in care, treatment for the underlying issues associated with it. But you knew that’s what I meant, as you do about my point regarding the government just making rules up without proper debate and votes taking place, again you know what I meant but you just fancy an argument and I can’t be arsed going backwards and forwards with you.
I’ll stick to my view that we’re fucking in the economy now and for all our future generations to come when we should be telling those that are vulnerable to take their own precautions and let the rest of us get on with it. I get it that you’re in the category of at risk and don’t want to be alone in isolation but it’s my view that you should look after yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.