COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
My point was the obese in the country are and always have been a huge drain on the NHS, not just this year, they cost millions if not billions in care, treatment for the underlying issues associated with it. But you knew that’s what I meant, as you do about my point regarding the government just making rules up without proper debate and votes taking place, again you know what I meant but you just fancy an argument and I can’t be arsed going backwards and forwards with you.
I’ll stick to my view that we’re fucking in the economy now and for all our future generations to come when we should be telling those that are vulnerable to take their own precautions and let the rest of us get on with it. I get it that you’re in the category of at risk and don’t want to be alone in isolation but it’s my view that you should look after yourself.

i have done my bit down from 17 stone to 15 this year! Body fat down to 24% and falling.

My point was the obese in the country are and always have been a huge drain on the NHS, not just this year, they cost millions if not billions in care, treatment for the underlying issues associated with it. But you knew that’s what I meant, as you do about my point regarding the government just making rules up without proper debate and votes taking place, again you know what I meant but you just fancy an argument and I can’t be arsed going backwards and forwards with you.
I’ll stick to my view that we’re fucking in the economy now and for all our future generations to come when we should be telling those that are vulnerable to take their own precautions and let the rest of us get on with it. I get it that you’re in the category of at risk and don’t want to be alone in isolation but it’s my view that you should look after yourself.
Why would I be alone and how should I be looking after myself.

But you challenged my claim that those ignoring the rules were causing more damage to the country than obesity and off you went on a tangent, totally failing to explain why

Does anyone have the figure for total number of people still furloughed as of today? I’ve only been able to find cumulative figures from when the scheme began.

furlough ends this week, what sort of uptick in redundancies are we looking at?
Does this 2.8m figure sound right?

133,055 businesses cannot trade or will operate at reducted capacity due to the new T3 restrictions it says..

I expect Manchester will be hit badly.. a few people will be nervy as a lot of companies will be serving the notice on or before the end of the scheme (this Saturday!)

Does anyone have the figure for total number of people still furloughed as of today? I’ve only been able to find cumulative figures from when the scheme began.

furlough ends this week, what sort of uptick in redundancies are we looking at?
I'm convinced my work have actually forgotten there is people on furlough and will be in for a surprise on Monday

Dr Eric Caumes, head of the infections and tropical diseases department at Paris' Pitie-Salpetriere Hospital, said the country needs to go under lockdown again as cases continue to surge.We lost control of the epidemic but that doesn't date from yesterday," he said on broadcaster Franceinfo. "We lost control of the epidemic several weeks ago already."

German Chancellor Angela Merkel is planning a "lockdown light" which would mainly focus on the closure of bars and restaurants to slow down the second wave of coronavirus

Norway to tighten restrictions as cases rise
Prime Minister Erna Solberg said stricter rules would come into force, which will affect private gatherings.

Authorities in Albania have decided to open a new coronavirus hospital after the existing two have reached their capacity at 320 beds.

Netherlands daily cases
The country has reported a daily record of 10,343 new cases
Swiss health authorities have said the total number of cases reached 17,440 over the weekend.
Switzerland's government is considering tightening restrictions to slow down the spread of the virus.

Surging in america

last i read spain were recording big numbers

it is not just us

Last edited:
Look after yourself = someone fit not caring that we might have been in lockdown since march and will have to continue all winter , out of sight , out of mind

I say again, half at least of nhs workers are in high risk groups, should they not go to work and watch it collapse ?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.