COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you don't get the prick, consider yourself a right prick.

I might get this done on a T-shirt or charge Boris £20m for the slogan?

There's something quite satisfying about the word prick, no?

Don't hear it much these days, when I hear or say it, I find myself transported to a Goodfellas movie or a NYC cabbie dishing it out.

Prick

That's absolutely correct - *but*

1. Enough do come into contact to give a statistically meaningful measure of effectiveness and

2. You need tens of thousands vaccinated to assess the safety of the jab, so those who don't come into contact still give useful data
Ah thanks.

And very true regarding the 2nd point. Didn't really think of it like that.

England hospital deaths are 353 - exactly same as yesterday, It was 282 last week.

But these two catch up days from weekend are usually the worst.

Last week they totalled 612. This week 706.

Ah okay cheers.

Yeah I'm clueless about all this so was wondering if I was massively missing the point in my thinking.

My mum who's in her late 50's has signed up to a vaccine trial, whilst that's great, im not entirely sure she'd be of any value for testing its effectiveness as if she was actually given the vaccine, she'd only be going on her daily walk for an hour and doing her weekly food shop in the supermarket. Suppose my thinking is if a load of people who were given the vaccine lived their lives like this throughout the trial, it's not really going to tell anyone anything about the vaccine as they will most likely never come into contact with the virus.
Which vaccine is it? I’m in my late 50s and I’m on a trial. But they wanted to know about my life style, who I came in to contact with, my family make up. Plus the area I lived. All those factors made me likely to come into contact with someone with the virus. They also recruited my 18 year old daughter, who uses public transport, works in a school etc.

84 of todays deaths were from the NW. There is always a bigger catch up from weekend in NW due to under reporting then.

94 were from the Midlands and 85 from Yorkshire. London also had its highest at 34.

Other details of England 353 hospital deaths :

Aged 20 - 39 (5), 40 - 59 (19), 60 - 79 (134) 80 + (195)

Most NW deaths were 17 in Blackpool hospital and 14 in East Lancashire.

Doncaster had 15, Birmingham 12 and Derby 11.

There has been a trend towards more younger deaths in recent days I fear.

Last edited:
Which vaccine is it? I’m in my late 50s and I’m on a trial. But they wanted to know about my life style, who I came in to contact with, my family make up. Plus the area I lived. All those factors made me likely to come into contact with someone with the virus. They also recruited my 18 year old daughter, who uses public transport, works in a school etc.
I'm not sure to be honest, I'll ask her. She just mentioned she'd put her name down for one but my dad couldn't as he's "at risk". She didn't provide any more info other than that so I assumed she'll also have been asked all the same questions you did.

Wales data - sadly circuit breaker there was a flop compared with N Ireland. Possibly as it ran too short.

41 deaths and 907 cases at 14. 4 % positive.

Wales 3 wks ago v 2 wks v last wk v today:

Deaths 44 v 45 v 41 v 41 today - flat but very high.

Cases 1202 v 928 v 640 v 907 today - I do believe this is really less with some of these carried over from the low number yesterday (see N Ireland data in a moment).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.