COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well the country is already split into England, Wales, Scotland and Ireland. This tier thing is ridiculous. I just watched the local news and because three areas of Lancashire are higher, the whole of Lancashire is in tier three instead of the three regions who's rate are higher. I thought that was the whole point of the system, to restrict higher areas not just lump the whole county into lockdown.

To be honest I'm losing the will to live with it, to me it looks like it was rolled out to deliberately be confusing and misleading, not to mention manipulated. The country can't go on like this indefinitely.
The end is in sight , it was always going to be a bad winter with covid and there were always going to be waves , i have told people that for months despite getting shouted down , we need to stay calm and get through to spring

I have no idea mate she looked it up online and was putting postcodes in. I try to avoid the news and all the hysteria because otherwise it drives me nuts. Every so often I have a wobble today is one of those days.
I live there and reckon Wilmslow is the nearest place to us about five miles away. Hang on in there though, we are in the final straight

I cannot see anything but a catastrophe for the NHS is Jan/Feb.
The Gov haven't been great at all, but irrespective of that, we could do a lot more to help ourselves as it is the public at large that determine the rate of infection, and I simply see people throwing the towel in at this time of year and not picking it up again until after the NY celebrations are concluded.
Whilst understandable that people are at the end of their tethers, with Vaccines looking likely in weeks, sacrificing these next few weeks could make a huge difference.
Unfortunately this^^^
Let's hope the test and trace system will be able to cope with the 'lower' number of cases from December 3 onwards.
In a normal month maybe but will the knees up over Xmas blow everything out of the water making it a happy Christmas for the vaccine and a new year lockdown hangover for the rest of us.
Listening to Whitty and other scientists tonight nobody seems to know or is unwilling to give an answer.
Moi?
I can see the justification for relaxing Xmas for retail ( the Govt having cocked up badly in getting us to this position), I would have had imposed shielding rules on the over 60's and vulnerable given that vaccines are imminent and reduced the 'five days of Xmas' to two.
Oh and forget attendance at sport venues.

Son and daughter in law live on IOM and said exactly the same. As it is so small I guess it is a lot easier to identify any culprits

I have no doubt it's easier I used to run there on the ships but we could have done similar here with better results than the present shitshow.

We knew it was coming in January. We sat and watched and continued in this vein until March as it rampaged through Europe. A hard lockdown early doors with a ban of outgoing and incoming international travel, strict quarantine and then testing and tracing, isolating anyone positive we would be in a much better place than now.

England hospital regions:

LONDON Patients down 11 to 1478 (last wk 1403) Ventilators up 8 to 261 (last wk 248)

MIDLANDS Patients down 20 to 3122 (last wk 3039) Ventilators stay at 313 (last wk 281)

NE/YORKS Patients down 112 to 3006 (last wk 3344) Ventilators down 17 to 230 (last wk 247)

And NORTH WEST

Patients down 110 to 2632. Last wk was 2983 . Last time less than 2632 in hospital was 30 October.

Ventilators down 1 to 228. Last wk 254.

Hard to spin this data any way but positive.
Yet again a big thanks for your efforts .

It’s not all bad news, there’s actually a board game that’s being released to help keep our minds occupied whilst stuck indoors - Lockdown 2020!

Do you have what it takes to get from tier 3 to tier 1 for a pint without getting caught by the old bill - not suitable for anyone who may be infectious over the age of 10 years old

4C0708D6-FAD6-4E1E-ABD8-EC3B4E7DD8E4.jpeg

Mrs, but thank you.

I just report what I see.

If its good I say so. If not I say that too,

I started collecting the data because I was tired of spin making things look whatever way someone wanted to on the news so just accessed the numbers to decide on back of these.
Apologies.
Mea culpa.
Just been bollocked by the missus for making sexist assumptions.

I live there and reckon Wilmslow is the nearest place to us about five miles away. Hang on in there though, we are in the final straight

Yes I've ranted a bit, kicked a few doors but I'm going back to my default mode, ignore the noise, put one foot in front of the other and let it wash over me.

I have no doubt it's easier I used to run there on the ships but we could have done similar here with better results than the present shitshow.

We knew it was coming in January. We sat and watched and continued in this vein until March as it rampaged through Europe. A hard lockdown early doors with a ban of outgoing and incoming international travel, strict quarantine and then testing and tracing, isolating anyone positive we would be in a much better place than now.
The opening gambit by the Government earlier in the year by being so reactive for me, has been the biggest mistake made so far. As you say, we are an Island and knew exactly what was coming our way, yet we seem to actively encourage it arriving.

Once it got hold in the country, blame can be apportioned both on the Government and the public.

Today, we are where we are and we need to help each other in what is the most difficult part of the year when people want to get together to not kick the pants out of the 5 day relaxation and lets try and get back to normality asap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.