COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
too much pressure bubbling, the Government will scale back on the relaxation rules within the next few days
And then people will moan that they have booked train tickets, bought super sized turkeys, 20kg of potatoes, eight bags of sprouts and four bottles of Baileys. And they will just do what they want and say it's not fair that the government has changed their mind just because deaths and infection rates are increasing blah blah blah

My mum thought the same in September. Classic cold symptoms with loss of taste, as can happen with a cold. She tested and it came back positive.

As you have lost your taste, you must now self-isolate immediately. You should self-isolate for 10 days. You must also get a test within the first 8 days of your symptoms starting.
If you don't mind me asking, were these symptoms the only ones she suffered and did they worsen any or did they stay the same and how many days was she ill? I ask because some people [too many in my mind] would think these symptoms as 'minor' and unlike your mother who acted wisely, they would just carry on as usual without telling anyone.

time linked to past his general update to the info on the new strain. I've not watched it all yet.

it "maybe" more transmissible but not looking like its more damaging. but analysis is still going.

Last edited:
So far so good concerning my mums vaccine shot today. She feels great and fine, hopefully we get to see more positive experiences with these vaccines to boost people’s morale to encourage to them to do the same as my mum has done today. We will do this people, this won’t halt our lives forever.

That data before is all wrong - the website was wrong.

Sorting it now.

18, 450 cases. All settings deaths 506.

I'm always sceptical of these 'new strain' claims. What are they characterising the virus in everyone's infections? Of course they aren't. You'd need to take blood for that and as far as I know that's not really happening.

Much less considering the time that would take.

I believe a proportion of positive samples have full sequencing, so they do routinely monitor different mutations as they arise.

I'm highly sceptical there's a good reason to believe there's anything special about this particular mutation. Certainly I've not seen any evidence presented.

UK cases:-

18, 450 cases from 265, 538 tests = 6.9% positive

England only:-

16, 504 cases from 241, 961 tests = 6.8% positive.

Testing way down again and % positive rather high.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.