COVID-19: Political Discussion Thread

foetus

pricks will be pricks to avoid getting pricked
Melbourne have probably had the toughest/longest lockdowns out of any city on the planet. I can understand the frustration but stomping on cops and sending them to hospital is disgusting behaviour and not the way to go about it (obviously). I think a fair few of the protesters will be spending a bit of time in jail.

Thankfully Sydney restrictions have eased a tad and hopefully we get our ‘freedom day’ in mid October. Here’s hoping anyway.

bluethrunthru

Melbourne have probably had the toughest/longest lockdowns out of any city on the planet. I can understand the frustration but stomping on cops and sending them to hospital is disgusting behaviour and not the way to go about it (obviously). I think a fair few of the protesters will be spending a bit of time in jail.

Thankfully Sydney restrictions have eased a tad and hopefully we get our ‘freedom day’ in mid October. Here’s hoping anyway.

I don't care how long or how harsh lockdown is - its imposed by people who are trying to prevent the spread of a virus - trying to do the best for the people who are breaking laws and protesting. The lockdown is imposed by lawmakers - if you aren't happy there are elections at which you can make your feelings felt and get rid of them.

However some people are simpletons who are easily led by trouble makers who spout on about its all about controlling your life and spying on you - like they live in a world where CCTV and mobile devices etc don't exist........for me all those wankers can get in the bin and fuck off

Last edited:

Oldham Exile

Team supported
Man City
forget the preamble watch the last 5 mins of this - nobody checks anything - we have secure borders eh?

Happy to be corrected - but I don't think there is any need to check anything at the UK airport

You are not allowed on the plane without having presented the Covid test results - and I asked a passport officer about the locator form and he said it was not necessary to see it because when the passport is scanned (either electronically or by a person) it confirms that the Locator form has been completed

Further checks at the UK airport would just cause unneccesary delays and be rightly criticised

Last edited:

mancity1

More shocking scenes coming out of Melbourne over past couple of days. No sign these protests are going to slow down.

Daniel Andrews or Chairman Dan as he is well known by has played the wrong suit on this one once again.

Having the police on Saturday in massive force in the city for an otherwise passive mass of protestors just protesting against lockdowns and the impact they have on them was absurd as commented on by the previous two retired police commissioners who would have told him why it would end in disaster as it did.

No passive or aggressive compliance measures for the construction industry under covid other than on site staff limitations for outside work absurd in itself and in some cases meaning construction cannot go ahead because of health and safety reasons and then shuts down the industry because of spread amongst workers in indoor settings largely on breaks when over 70 per cent of them have had at least one dose and 35 per cent two doses.

What does he expect would happen he loves adding kero to a smouldering fire and then asks others to put it out when its too late.

the baffoon couldn't or more to point refused to acknowledge who made the absurd decision to place unqualified non- trained security in charge of hotel quarantine during the alpha strain which directly led to the deaths of over 650 occupants living in nursing homes the most vulnerable group of any in a pandemic of this kind when eveybody knows it was he who made the decision or ticked off on the decision.

So he set up an enquiry to find out FFS spent 13 million of tax payer money in legal fees to cover his ass and the enquiry still couldn't reveal who made that fateful decision right out of of Yes Prime Minister episode and he refused to quit his job as any decent human being would have.

The state was /is on target for 80 per cent double dose by early December and he pulls this stunt after saying 24 hours earlier there is no vaccine hesitancy with his chief health officer who tells him what to do and when to do it based on covid numbers stating today their is vaccine hesitancy within the industry FFS.

Both of them are complete tools and bluddy liars of the first degree and the public in ever increasing numbers have had enough.

Expect a lot more protests and the police being used as tools for fools in the coming days.

the violence will only increase when there is no need for any confrontation if the decision makers had half a brain.

This premier only seeks to divide the community typical of the communist he is a puppet for the CCP if you know his history and he will do everything to achieve his main goal.

I am somewhat lucky as I still have my health and my family staying somewhat sane but this premier destroyed my business of 25 years and has cost me a lot of money in relative terms and our standard of living will never return to what is was as modest as it was before the pandemic.

Thousands of others have not coped as well and the mental health fallout particularly in Victoria will be felt for many years.

He fronts the media with his spin everyday but goes into hiding when his stupidity comes to the fore which is a regular happening now.

Needless to say he didn't front the media today as piss weak as they are in scrutinising his decision making.

Stupid curfews that do nothing to reduce the spread still in force , absurd rules that make no sense and no revealing of the health data behind the decisions that have to keep all Victorians " safe "

Next week Melbourne has the new record for the most number of days of hard lockdown than any city on the planet with over 70 per cent of the countries deaths to date , the biggest mental health crisis by some margin of any City and State in Australia , the biggest number of business closures and bankruptcies per capita by some margin and kids still locked out of school while spending billions on CTT just for starters.

mancity1

Weird that all the countries with anti lockdown mobs seem to be the same ones with Rupert Murdoch dominated media. Probably a coincidence
In Melbourne the media is dominated by free to air television ( 75 per cent of the viewing audience ) that is as anti Murdoch as you can get or at best he has zero influence over other than the ABC which suffers from MDS.

his interests are in an ever dwindling Herald Sun and Pay TV Sky News with a limited viewing audience for obvious reasons.

these protests are largely driven by workers and small business owners who are working class as such and are union based who have had enough of the lockdowns and for some rightly or wrongly they don't want to be forced into vaccinations when they work outdoors for example.

the pandemic has dived the community into those who have had had their work hours either removed or destroyed and those in the public service ( around 15 per cent of the total work force ) that in some cases have had pay rises during the pandemic which is dominated by those who make the decisions inflicted on the former.

the vast majority of those impacted both socially and economically by those decisions have received very little relief or compensation or adequate remuneration financially from Government and most including the likes of myself have had to rely on the savings we have accumulated or superannuation to keep food on the table.

None of the wages or savings lost will ever be forthcoming.

the violence cannot be condoned although when protests for BLM were in vogue during the alpha spread that led to 820 deaths last year the police and the politicians were non-existent and silent but when the authorities become too authoritarian some will push back in any society least of all a democratic one that supposedly supports the right of the individual to protest peacefully.

Don't have an account?

Register now!
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.